Railroad Forums 

• *** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#927016  by Cosmo

Patience Grasshopper!
Even the 1:29 ROME wasn't built in a day! :razz:
[BTW, more pics are now up on this forum under "My G Gauge Empire, 6' at a time!" ]
 #927020  by 3rdrail

Checked out the photos. Great work ! Got two questions: Do you tandem a live steamer and an electric loco, and if so do you have any problems ? How 'bout a nice re-circulating water fall near trackside for photo ops ? I've seen them in practically every different scale imaginable. Still got 5 questions left on the quiz, Cosmo for a potential win. Play your cards right and you might wind up with some Boston turf for your railroad grades. Heck, you might even wind up with J-Lo taking a ride on one of your locos with you ! Now there's a Kodak moment !
 #927056  by daylight4449

3rdrail wrote:Be the Roundhouse, Cosmo. Be the Roundhouse.
Maybe I should take that advice for my own layout. There hasn't been progress on it in months! As for an 8 stall Bartlett roundhouse, are you going to have some ex-B&M 2-6-6-2s stationed there. :)
 #927120  by Cosmo

3rdrail wrote:Checked out the photos. Great work ! Got two questions: Do you tandem a live steamer and an electric loco, and if so do you have any problems ? How 'bout a nice re-circulating water fall near trackside for photo ops ? I've seen them in practically every different scale imaginable. Still got 5 questions left on the quiz, Cosmo for a potential win. Play your cards right and you might wind up with some Boston turf for your railroad grades. Heck, you might even wind up with J-Lo taking a ride on one of your locos with you ! Now there's a Kodak moment !
WOAH! Slow down "Turbo," one question at a time...
I've tried tandem electric and steam (as I mentioned in an earlier post,) and it is possible! I think I want some kind of track cleaner car for the future as the rails can get pretty greasy pretty fast, but 10 amps cuts through a lot of "dirt."
Waterfalls,... yes... you've read my "Evil Plan..." (Muuaahahaha...) Eventually, like the roundhouse. :wink:
I'll take the dirt, but what scale is JLO in?
(Oh, and Boston dirt will go nicely with the locomotive firebricks and genuine graphite smokeboxes. :wink: )
 #927121  by Cosmo

daylight4449 wrote:
3rdrail wrote:Be the Roundhouse, Cosmo. Be the Roundhouse.
Maybe I should take that advice for my own layout. There hasn't been progress on it in months! As for an 8 stall Bartlett roundhouse, are you going to have some ex-B&M 2-6-6-2s stationed there. :)
Perhaps,...
...when I win the lottery :wink:
 #929638  by daylight4449

Well, not actually finished, but i had to pose the 703 on a section of my layout. I should be putting some athracite coal in the coal bunker that I picked up near the East Brookfield depot. Turned out there was a coal tower there at one point, but I digress.
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m63 ... ics182.jpg
 #929761  by B&M 1227

Cosmo, I'm loving that steam! If I ever I get my R1-d finished we should definitely arrange something!

I'm happy it's spring, because this winter took the longest time to disappear. For those still craving snow, here you go.
Attachments:
2007053020251911159.jpg
2007053020251911159.jpg (69.61 KiB) Viewed 4101 times
 #949679  by Montrealrail

It's the discontinued model..
When I see that on the showcase,I did'nt wait,I buyed it!!

I also seen som GATX lease,and a CN blue devil dash8,on of theese will be on my layout next week..
I want to reproduce the CP 666 Ethanol train so I need to buy ore thanker cars..
 #949734  by 3rdrail

ns3010 wrote:Shouldn't we have a 2011 thread by now? :-)
I went to the National Thread Show last week. Trust me when I tell you that the 2010 model was much nicer.