Railroad Forums 

• Andover Jct pictures 1-1-05 (56K, Go carve a statue)

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#82675  by mikedc3

David,
Last year you asked if I had any pictures of Andover Jct, and if the new building there was built on the ROW.

Well, I was out doing some 4 wheelin today and happened to pass by there on my way home. I stopped and walked down to the Jct and got some pics.

You were right, the building is not on the ROW, The parking lot is though. The building is built on part of the ROW of the connecting track between the LnHR and the Lackawanna.

Looking toward Sparta:

Signal at the Jct:

There are 20 Andover Jct. pictures on my picture page, in the LnHR album they are ADJ1-21.

One thing that was remarkable is that you can't even walk more than 50 feet down the LnHR south\west of the Jct the brush is so thick.

#85369  by David

Hey Mike, I climbed that signal several years ago. It is amazing that it is still there!---Too bad they tore up that track. I remember seeing a Conrail engine just past that signal getting ready to cross Rt 206 at night about 1982. Scared me to death because it just seemed to be right at that crossing as I crossed. The flashers were not working.

#107542  by NJ Vike

I have those same pictures as I hiked that area as well.

If you interested in seeing the L&HR and EL pass that area, I know of a person that might be making a video available soon. I've seen it and it's so nice to see those two trains right here in Sussex County.

Ken
 #169752  by butchs38

Hello mikedc3 nice to see someone else interested in mining around here I grew up in Mine Hill and my father worked in the Mount Hope mines. My grandfather had a bungalow on Lake Grinnell in Sparta and the L&HR ran right along side of it. I can remember many trains running through there and took many walks down the tracks. Here are a few pictures you might like. http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/butchs38/