Railroad Forums 

• P&W Stone Trains

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1418208  by AlKaLI

@freightguy
Thanks for the response about the covered hoppers. I could believe that they are carrying sand since I've seen the covered hoppers in Maspeth, [Skyy Materials?]
I believe P&W's arrangement to use the trackage rights on the NEC was for aggregates and similar material only.

I am curious if the P&W is handling this traffic as well to the NY&A.
 #1418225  by rr503

As far as the sand/cement(?) goes, I heard it is being used largely for the BQE bridge project. And yes, it is from the P&W.
 #1498514  by Maybrook fan

Last week I was down on Federal Road in Danbury I noticed a line of hoppers at Tilcon. Are they still hauling Stone this late into the winter or are the cars just being stored there ??
 #1498543  by DutchRailnut

just being stored.
 #1558908  by shepaug

Very simple question ? What is the routing for cars to the Milford asphalt plant ?

A dumb oddity. They still have an asphalt plant in Bridgeport 'south end' that had a rail spur but like everything Bridgeport that spur vanished as all such in Bridgeport.

When did the stone train quit the Danbury routing ? Can I guess why ?
 #1558982  by Backshophoss

Danbury covered by CT2 out of Cedar Hill yard,with that reverse move seen on the tower cam at SoNo
 #1559025  by freightguy

I think around 2008/09 for the Danbury routing, but maybe with the heavy work for the Walk lift bridge they will run that way again to stay off the Metro North mainline. They did replace the south leg of wye at Derby Junction not too far back on the Waterbury branch. Haven’t heard anything but maybe P&W’s job CT-2 will take that routing again. MNR is building a few bigger sidings also that would be able to hold CT-2 at like 30/40 cars on the Waterbury branch.