Railroad Forums 

• Information Needed!!!

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #921664  by Schuylkill Valley

Hello all,
I bought a B&O 8mm home movie off Ebay a few years back , I'm trying to find out where is was film on what route. It was a fan trip using B&O Blue & Gray F units and N&W and B&O bud built coaches with run bys , Theres a tunnel and a long high steel trussle on this route. it was filmed I guess in the 1950's and it in color.

Thanks in advanced,

Len.
 #921674  by hutton_switch

Based on your vague description, if the tunnel and the long, high steel trestle are next to each other, it sounds like the location is at Harper's Ferry, WV. Several miles west of Harper's Ferry, the N&W and B&O intersected at Shenandoah Junction. This might have been a joint fan trip from a local NRHS chapter using equipment from both roads.