Railroad Forums 

• New website Online

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#480955  by jgallaway81

While I'll admit I'm not happy about how things transpired, I can't be a complete @$$, so I'm broadcasting the new website address.

http://www.arcadeandatticarr.com

Its very very basic right now, however it does contain all the important information.

#480968  by reinhardtjh

Yep. It's pretty basic all right. At least they've got something up and running. Thanks for letting us know.

Maybe it's time to put some of your content back up now? At least a link to the new corporate site, and to this forum. Maybe the pages with your drawings. Could some sort of fan picture page be done?

#480981  by pablo

That site is quite boring. What's the story? There's not even a picture of a train.

Dave Becker

#481121  by WNYP431

What's your point? Same as the product.

PAY for a website? Are you serious?

#481146  by jgallaway81

Dave, the truth is that they tried to steal my property.

They used two pics from the old site... without my, or the copyright holder's, permission. They also linked to the pages on the old site.

I had hoped they would come to their senses and allow me to continue working the site for free as my arrangements had been in the past. There was also the hope that another individual would become the new webmaster... also volunteering. In either case I kept the pages in the anarr.com domain on the principal they would be used down the road.

When I saw they were linking to my pages I pulled them offline immediately and also contacted the web hosting company and informed them that no authorization was given to use the pictures.

Unfortunately, rather then work with me and others who were willing to give freely to the company, the new people in charge chose to act, in my opinion, irresponsible. They decided to take that which they believed they were entitled to, rather then even ask if they could.

The ENTIRE A&A site belongs to me. That agreement was typed up, and signed by myself & the previous general manager. In exchange for creating the site, I was entitled to do with it as I saw fit. This was due to the railroad's inability to pay for the site. I offered this option from the start, knowing the funds weren't available to pay a professional web development company.

As for the old domain, no request or offer was made for the transfer of the anarr.com domain to the current web admin. A new domain name was created and used. And even then, they couldn't get it right, their answering machine gives the wrong address. What mystifies me is that the anarr.com domain was a #1 hit on google on a search for the arcade & attica. Now they have to start all over in search engine standings.

Oh well.

They're choice.

And, incase you are wondering, yes, there are extrememly bad feelings between myself and the railroad now. Its a shame. As any employee who was working there when I first went to work for Norfolk Southern will tell you... I assisted the A&A any way i could.... locating old rail being taken up, letting them know about cars being sold off. When power was being investigated for possible Buffalo Line use, I contacted NS personnel at the former Pennsy Juniata Locomotive facility about possible power available.

I'll be the first to admit that I disapprove of the way things are being done now. But, thats why I'm seriously considering placing the stock I own up for sale.

As for the old domain, anarr.com, there are already plans in the works to create a new railfan/rail hisotrian community dedicated to the A&A. Anyone with web skills and ideas, and who is willing to help out, should feel free to contact me via PM or email: (my railroad.net username) at anarr dot com.

My personal site, http://www.fccorp.us, will be going online soon, and once it does I will be resetting my anarr-dot-com address as a redirect to my own domain.

#481486  by reinhardtjh

jgallaway81 wrote:Dave, the truth is that they tried to steal my property.

They used two pics from the old site... without my, or the copyright holder's, permission. They also linked to the pages on the old site.
Hmmm. Forget my suggestion then. They'd probably just try to link to it again. Oh well.
I'll be the first to admit that I disapprove of the way things are being done now. But, thats why I'm seriously considering placing the stock I own up for sale.
I'd be interested in stock (Though I have no clue what its worth or if I could afford it) Was it only available to employees or is there a place to inquire about it?

John H. Reinhardt

#481507  by jgallaway81

Stock was sold at 100 a share. Unforunately, the timeframe granted to the railroad by the State of New York has expired, and the only shares of stock available now are those that were sold.

I'll post here when its up for sale, if. Though, for giggles, it may go up on ebay
 #481727  by tomjohn

I am very disappointed in the ARCADE AND ATTICA RAILROAD and their management, yes I do understand that the A & A RR is a business. It also happens to be a model railroaders,railroad enthusiast favorite. So with this I'll be trusting and patient with the A & A RR, however, I hope they quickly realize what attracts their business from out of town and it's just not their tourist trade!
The A & A RR new website is now OH-HUM (yawn) strictly business and boring If you ask me. If that's the website they want well,OK. I won't make any bet (yet) to see their business rise which could be based on their website...

Mr. Starr
 #481828  by tomjohn

After looking at the A & A RR's new website their is a lack of online(computer) contact information and email address.

Mr. Starr

#482390  by Otto Vondrak

Looks like they had to get something up quickly since their old site is gone. I'm sure when they get some time, they'll make all the updates to make it "pretty" again.

-otto-
 #482445  by tomjohn

Knowing that ARCADE & ATTICA is a business they'll probably stick to their current PLAIN JANE website it may not even have a email address however, the site will probably remain dull and strictly business like!

Tom

#483214  by Benjamin Maggi

Well, time will tell.
 #503493  by reinhardtjh

Sometime between yesterday morning and this morning the A & A web site got updated from it's bland beginnings to a pretty colorful and new design.

It's not bad overall. It looks like a lot of the text is similar to Jason's version, but I can't remember exactly how close.

John H. Reinhardt

#503520  by thebigham

I really like the new website!!!

Great job, A&A!!!

#503523  by thebigham

The History page has a few errors.

It says the Buffalo, Attica & Arcade operated as a narrow gauge.

It was the Tonawanda Valley & Cuba that operated as a narrow gauge.

The Buffalo & Susquehanna RR owned the Buffalo, Attica & Arcade.