Railroad Forums 

• Denton, Texas - A-Train

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1134614  by electricron

Patrick Boylan wrote:NJT's Riverline often runs single cars, 3 trucks 6 axles. Every once in a while my train's slowed or stopped and waited at a crossing, I assumed for signal problems, but rarely. If I had to pay attention to how often I'd say less than once a month.

I can remember far fewer times when the train's stopped at a regular wayside signal that didn't change to a good aspect, so there are apparently methods to handle single car DMU shunting problems. I wonder what's NJT doing that Denton doesn't do?
Slowing down and stopping isn't as acceptable when your trains are scheduled to arrive at Trinity Mills with little variances so passengers can transfer to DART light rail trains without waiting a really long time. The Riverline trains don't require transfers to get to downtown Camden or Trenton. Of course, that's about to change with the new train station so riders can transfer to trains on the Atlantic City line and go to downtown Philadelphia.
DCTA is going with a new design for wheel scrubbers which should be more reliaible.