Railfanning Miami Metrorail and People Mover

General discussion of passenger rail proposals and systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: gprimr1, mtuandrew

njt/mnrrbuff

Railfanning Miami Metrorail and People Mover

Post by njt/mnrrbuff » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 am

Hello,
In two months I'm going to be spending a few days in Miami, and one of the days, I plan on riding the Metrorail for the first time. I'm going to ride all of the routes. Which are the best stations and points of interests to railfan along the route? Are those places in safe neighborhoods? Thanks

Patrick Boylan
Location: Here is a stupid picture, pay attention to me. Burlington Township, NJ 08016

Re: Railfanning Miami Metrorail and People Mover

Post by Patrick Boylan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:33 am

It's been many ages since I've been to Miami. My first trip was Jan 1986, last one sometime in the 1990's. That first trip both going and leaving I walked, with luggage, to and from Amtrak and the nearest Metrorail station, which I think was Northside. Each visit I rode back and forth Metrorail's entire length, although only spots where I went out of a station were Government Center and Vizcaya.
I can't imagine safety's improved since then, I also understand if folks think I was crazy for risking my well being towing luggage from Amtrak to Northside, but I, born and raised in Philadelphia, didn't notice anything of which to be afraid.

Return to “General Discussion - Passenger Rail”