Railroad Forums 

• Why is it that a....(LV SIDE)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#14214  by Tamping Pick

Where did I slam R&N crews, D&H always seems to be going on the ground . OK yes R&N pulled a few rather long trains on LV side, but most of them are rather small or light. You guys should read a little more carefully.PICK

#14429  by RBMN-ENGR.

Tamping Pick wrote:AS for the R&N guys that run trains on the "mountain".
You don't pull anything close to the 8'000 ton(and then some) trains that LV pulled up there.
D&H(CP/NS) trains WAY out weigh anything you guys pull anywhere on the R&N.
PICK
Once again Tampon Pick, you have it wrong. Now we may not be handling huge tonnage trains at this very moment, but we have had big trains many times since we got the Lehigh Line in 1996. Hell, we had to use pushers out of Coxton to the top quite a few times (that was fun!). Also, we now have special instructions in our bulletin orders for how we want trains to be handled (dynamic braking maximum amps) by NS and CP on our trackage. This is mainly for the NS's benefit as they like to use nothing but dynamic braking to hold back their trains. BUT, I guess we still don't know what we're doing, right???

Oh yeah, I did catch the money part of your original post. As an employee of the R&N, I cannot comment on this matter. Sorry...... NOT!

#14460  by Prof John Frink

Tamping Pick wrote: LV NEVER had problems on the Mountain Cut Off , at least like this, but then again they (crews) knew how to handle the trains. I have more opion to post.
PICK

Another one to add.

I think we can all read.

CEW

#14676  by RBMN-ENGR.

Tamping Pick wrote:Where did I slam R&N crews, D&H always seems to be going on the ground . OK yes R&N pulled a few rather long trains on LV side, but most of them are rather small or light. You guys should read a little more carefully.PICK
Hey guys! Check out the Lehigh Valley forum. Tampon Pick is slamming Big Mike's latest Lehigh Valley book. You slam one R&N employee, you slam us all. And we don't forget.