Railroad Forums 

• Portageville Bridge Replacement, Future Tier Traffic

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1361868  by thebigham

johnpbarlow wrote:What!?! No NS detours over the WNYP?!? :wink: :wink: :wink:
My dream.

Anyway...

I called the author yesterday and explained how the whole article was wrong. The bridge would still be open for train traffic until the new bridge was built.

He wrote the article based on something I posted on Facebook.

Sigh... Journalism is dead.

Chris

PS: I'm going over to the bridge today one last time.
 #1369440  by SST

My cousin and I went flying today with the specific mission to get aerial pictures of the bridge crossing. We made it there but unfortunately, no pictures. The iPhone kept bouncing off the window and I could not get it to focus. Chucked them all. Not really a loss though. The only thing I could clearly see were two cranes on the property, one on each side. I couldn't really see into the gorge due to the suns position and shading. And a dirty window. THAT won't happen again.

Too bad we didn't fly over it about 15 minutes or so earlier. We would have caught a westbound train crossing it. We did catch up with it on our way home though.
 #1378853  by thebigham

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/apps/ ... 999&Ref=AR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Portageville Bridge project chugs along

By JOE LEATHERSICH
[email protected]
PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2016 AT 12:30 AM

The project broke ground on Oct. 15, 2015, but regular construction didn’t begin until December.

Although it’s in the early stages, the project is operating smoothly so far, according to Carmen M. Garozzo, Business Segment Leader at Bergmann Associates.

The project is a significant undertaking, Garozzo said, and comes with a $58 million price tag — a “very good price for a project of that magnitude,” Garozzo added.

Gorazzo says the New York State Department of Transportation plans to launch a site later this month that will post project updates with text posts, photos and live cams.

The project is scheduled to finish in December of 2018.