Railroad Forums 

• NS 68Q and Port Reading

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#955931  by OCtrainguy

RailsEast wrote:For those interested, a DME unit is sitting in Sewaren this afternoon, perhaps there 'till tomorrow early am....

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2654050

.....and reliable sources have reported an NS 66Q through Hershey this afternoon with NS 8000, BNSF Warbonnet 635 and KCS (grey, not Belle) 4614; should be in Jersey sometime tonight. Happy hunting......
Chris
That is what happened with the 68Q in Sewaren. I was up in the area yesterday shortly after noon and took a peak at what power was there and saw a CSX D9-40CW and a 8-40CW.
 #956089  by RailsEast

An ethanol train doesn't spend much time on the 'Coast! Generally, in one day, out the next morning; pretty efficient operation, kudos to the crews & dispatchers in this region.....
 #956102  by OCtrainguy

Yes, they are very efficient with those trains. I wasn't expecting the DME unit to be there, but was curious as to what was there.
 #958538  by OCtrainguy

This morning, I saw a NS ethanol train parked by Carteret while I was on the turnpike that had a NS Dash 9 and two CP wide cabs. So on my way home, I swung by Sewaren and saw those engines parked under the bridge. Don't know if the train will be moved this evening or tomorrow morning.
 #958540  by ChrisU

Saw those engines around 5:00 am on my way to Hoboken and on the way back 66Q?? or something was in Tremley with a leaser SD45-2 in BN paint. No pictures though went by too fast.
Last edited by ChrisU on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #958655  by dano23

Quite the mix of power out there right now. 2 NRE BN SD40's, a BNSF Dash9, BNSF warbonnet SD75 a CN SD75 and a CN C40 all mixed amongst 3 sets of power.
 #962203  by RailsEast