Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1507100  by MaineCoonCat

BandA wrote:Confirmed, all pages except the main BSRC page appear to be down. Wasn't it working a few days ago?
Sure was! That's how I got the Direct Credit Union bond image.

Suffice it to say I don't have a "warm, fuzzy feeling" about this project. My intuition is telling me something's not "according to Hoyle" there..
 #1507103  by BandA

It's a pretty small company, they probably don't get a lot of hits, and I assume they outsource their website. The internet breaks all the time. It's bad timing for them with the articles published on Thursday. If it's still down by the end of the week then they are obviously not paying attention.
 #1507132  by MaineCoonCat

Hmmmmmm.. A new iteration of the "bond photo", this time without any financial institution logo or name was posted to Facebook on Friday, 4/26..
bsrc bond 33.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/bostonsurface/ ... permPage=1
 #1507165  by MaineCoonCat

UPDATE: The web pages have been restored. Must've been "updating" as it appears the "bond Version 3.0" has replaced the other two.
 #1507249  by BandA

Hard to tell fake from the real thing, especially without knowing their motivation. But it sure is taking a gosh darn long time. When will RIDOT be ready to launch their own service? And the MBTA will be ready to extend the Lowell Line to Nashua about 2060
 #1512943  by MaineCoonCat

"On 5/8/2019 In an article entitled "Boston Surface Railroad, Siemens test new PTC prototype" the Progressive Railroading editorial staff"]

Rail News: Positive Train Control
Boston Surface Railroad, Siemens test new PTC prototype

Boston Surface Railroad Co. Inc. (BSRC), a private intercity passenger railroad that has proposed a new route in the U.S. Northeast, is developing a pilot to prove new enhancements to positive train control (PTC) capabilities.

BSRC is working with Siemens Mobility to test prototype technology on Siemens' Advanced Civil Speed Enforcement System-II (ACSES) and 9-Aspect Cab Signal Systems, according to a BSRC press release.

The railroad and Siemens are working together to deploy, refine and test signaling and PTC using cab-over-the-air technology through a more robust analog signal. The new application could reduce the cost of deploying signals and PTC in previously dark railroad territory, railroad and Siemens officials said.

Read more of this story at Progressive Railroading's web site
 #1512973  by BandA

it's interesting Siemens is working with them. I am accepting that to be true since it was published. That would get P&W a PTC system for free or low cost that BSRR could use. Problem is other folks are very angry with Siemens, stuff has been recalled, wasn't tested, may or may not work. So siemens won't have time right now to work with BSRR, probably they are busy with warranty work.
BandA wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:03 am Any information from their June 26 webinar? Doesn't seem to be any way to "replay" it.