Railroad Forums 

• Rossford Yard operation

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#47958  by Beech Cricker

What is the skinny on the operation at the Rossford Yard site, just west of I-75? When I went by there yesterday there was a train of hoppers or high side gondolas being loaded or unloaded (couldn't really tell through the rain/watching traffic). Whatever the cargo was was smoking.

Jeff

#47963  by matt

I believe the hoppers you saw were being used to continue the seemingly endless removal of Harris Yard. The CSX TransFlo facility to the east and some elevators on the river are accessed from this yard but it seems like a few tracks and a whole bunch of ties disappear with the passing of each year. These junk trains are often stored near Oakdale Ave so you can usually see what's in the hoppers from here.

What was smoking I have no idea.