Railroad Forums 

• Nothern Illinois Hotels

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#500530  by railohio

I'm planning a week long trip to northern Illinois at the end of March and I'm having trouble finding a suitable hotel. I'm looking for accommodations near Dekalb, Rockford, Sterling, Mendota, or Rochelle with weekly rates. Any local "mom and pop" place that gets a good recommendation from a past guest would be alright as well. The one catch is that I'm looking for a place with a weekly rate; college students can't afford a full $80 a night for an extended stay! Thanks for the help!

~BS

#508034  by t.winks

The inside of your car doesn't work? Thats what I do when I'm staying in Northern Illinois. :-D Are you looking for one within eye shot of the tracks? I know a few but I'm not too sure about weekly rates though.

#508085  by railohio

Plan on doing a few nights in the Jeep as it is, but it's nice to get a shower every now and then. :wink:

I know a bunch of places out that way, too, but the places I usually frequent don't offer weekly rates and college isn't conducive to a whole week at the nightly rate...

~BS

#522358  by railohio

Well, ended up doing the first two nights in the Jeep, four nights at the Stupid 8 in Rochelle, another night in the Jeep, and another night in a Stupid 8. Not the accommodations I'd hoped for, but still within my budget. Would be really nice if a hotel around there would offer up a weekly railfan rate!

~BS