Railroad Forums 

• Toledo, Angola, and Western

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#166003  by WNYRailfan

Does anyone have any maps of the TA&W when it was in service?

I was interested in learning where the local sidings were located between Vulcan (Tower) and King Road.

A diagram of Vulcan when it was the Jct. of the TT, TA&W, and E&K would be good too...hard to figure out how all three of the lines were connected.

#167552  by matt

A few sidings and lead tracks still remain, at least the ballast, just walk or bike the trail from UT out to Wildwood or King.

I know the building near the Central ave overpass (Georgia Pacific???) used to have rail service with quite an array of trackage visible from the trail. I think only the stone is still there but you can clearly see where 6 or 7 tracks entered a loading facility.

#167557  by matt

Also, At Vulcan only the E&K and the TT crossed. The TA&W came off of the TT south of the junction, turned west in the southwest quadrant, and parelleled the E&K westward.

#167916  by nycrick

All the TA&W corporate papers are part of the Canaday collection in the UT library. That may be a good place to look for a map. Since it's been 30 years since I was a student there, I'm not even sure I'd know how to get there! :wink:

#170563  by WNYRailfan

Well lucky for us...I am a UT faculty member and would easily be granted access to the TA&W corporate papers. Let us hope I can take digital pics of the maps (or copy them) without any problems.