Railroad Forums 

• Galesburg Railroad Days 2004

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#7855  by BN7151

A friend told me that there might be little if any celebration at this year's Galesburg Railroad Days. I have already reserved Amtrak tickets and a hotel room, and don't want to be let down. Does anyone know if there will be anything to see other than the usual mix of trains?

#9853  by Bartoli

From what I've heard, there won't be much "railroad" in Railroad Days. I'm pretty sure the BNSF is not doing anything this year, and maybe from this point forward, citing "insurance reasons."

I remember seeing some Internet traffic a few months ago that they were even considering changing the name from "Railroad Days" to something else to reflect the lack of railroad stuff.

I think everything else is still on as planned, including the model railroad show and swap meet at the junior college.

Email them and ask for sure at www.galesburg.org

#16792  by route_rock

there will still be a tour of the yard,on a BUS! I cant belive it!But oh well what are you going to do?From rumor the swap meet might not make it too much longer if the BNSF pulls out.Why have a swap meet show when there is no Railroad days.