Railroad Forums 

• Reward For Missing Locomotives

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #3214  by freightguy

Has anybody seen two general purpose locomotives built by the Electric Motive Division of General Motors circa 1976-77. They are green and are identified by numbers 268 and 261. They may show shades of blue and white from their original owner. Lead base paint vs. stuff rolled on from Home Depot(current). They were last said to be seen rolling around P&W's property. I think the Russian's are holding them captive. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I just want them returned to their rightful owners.

#3234  by Knife-Switch

FREIGHT - Love the signature!!!!

I heard that P&W has recently made a donation to the Artificial Reef Project off the coast of New England and that those MIA ENG's are now home to Striped Bass and other fishies!!!

#3236  by DutchRailnut

The two locomotives are being rebuilt by P&W under contract of NY&A.
at Worchester, Mass they are applying new wheels/ freight gearing/ new traction motors/ electrical work but no paint job.

#3263  by badneighbor

Aren't there two newly painted engines just like them in the P&W museum? :wink:

#3296  by SeldenJrFireman

Didn't 271 and another diesel undergo an overhaul up there?

#3303  by Scrap em All

I hate the new RR.net!!! Bring back the old one dammit!!!
Anyway, I heard that that those engines were in such bad shape that PW ran them into a blast furnace. They will come back as melted blocks of steel. They will be placed constructively at Pineaire so the 50/60 could look at them forever. :(

#3312  by Fla East Coast Chris

Hey Scrap!!!
You are such a poet !!! you receive a B+ on your poetry!!!!!
Chris

#3550  by DogBert

I heard something go light over hell gate last night down the freight track at around 2am - P&W returning the engines? CP coming in early? Damned if I know...

#3568  by freightguy

Heard from El presidente that the engines will be back real soon. They got hit with an FRA defect and a handrail has to be fixed. Everythin else is done.

#3575  by DogBert

...no p&w back over this morning, so it must just have been CP early last night... doh!

#6548  by RRChef

Any word yet as to when these two MIA's will be coming home?

#7231  by jayrmli

Hey don't try to get any unfair advantages in collecting your reward!!! :wink:

Jay

#7265  by RRChef

I forgot about the reward! Is it true the reward includes a lifetime pass to smash cars on the Bushwick?? :D

#7409  by Alcoman

They are going to loan the NY&A two former P&W M420's for the next 6 months while they do the overhaul on the EMD's...

#9840  by RRChef

Still no word on when these 2 MIA's coming back? Shouldn't they have been completed by now?