Railroad Forums 

• Stone Train Question

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#17469  by RRChef

NYA's version of Jaws III, huh? Nice idea. :wink:

#17658  by Knife-Switch

Under the cover of Darkness the 30 Car Tilcon Train successfully snuck back to Pond to the awaiting P&W Engines.

Courtesy of the RS-80

#17709  by emfinite

I knew I heard it last night!!!
Last edited by emfinite on Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#17741  by DogBert

They just left over hell gate. 11:15AM.

CP came in last night around 3AM, looked like a little over 20 cars, many of which were stone as well.

#20675  by JMBethpage

The stone train just passed Hicksville Divide, E/B, 1:12pm Friday. Engines 271/270/155/151 with 41 gondolas. Last Friday afternoon also but with 20 gondolas. Is this going to be the usual time instead of Sat. mornings?

#20705  by Vector

I caught the stone train today by accident... I went over to NHP to play with my camera a bit and caught it. I'm also wondering if Friday will be the new day for the run ???

#20713  by emfinite

The stone train was supposed to have a 9am departure from Fresh Pond but delays in KO prevented them from leaving before 12pm which they did. They passed me at Beth around 1:20. The maintenence crews that were around the tower let me stay there after I asked them if I could get a picture of the train.

Here is my shot:

Jason, email me and I'll send you more shots...

#20744  by DutchRailnut

Knife switch NY&A and LIRR are not part of NYCTA and its photo ban yet.
the ban is for subway system.

#20857  by Knife-Switch

PAGE A26 in the Nassau edition mentions LIRR as well
And I quote "Brian Dolan, a spokesman for the LIRR,said it too, may ban photography. 'The proposal is under active consideration at the LIRR and we are constantly reviewing security measures", he said"

Newsday 5/21/04 Pg A26 Bryan Virasami Staff Writer

PS Gotta Love the Dutch They named a Station after a beer......or was it a beer after a station..........AMSTEL

#20895  by SeldenJrFireman

I just got a video camera for my birthday and I am not about to let them ruin my hooby by banning photography. I think it is starting to go to far!
 #21085  by Knife-Switch

Here's a nice compromise!!!!
If you Buff's see anyone suspicious.....Al Qaeda types...and they look like they're up to no good.... clocking trains/taking notes/wandering onto the tracks etc...PHOTO or TAPE them!!!

Be Vigilent Be Alert!
Lets get the Bastards before they get US!

#21089  by LUVFREIGHTTRAINS

Hey Guys..its no joke just lay off the filming for a while. Was up in Bear Mountain Yesterday inside the park where many Railfans gather off CSX's Riverline. Someone there called me and my family in for terroristic acts. NYS Park Police showed up ran my ID and stuff. Was told I was fine and not to film anymore. Point is this , the threats are serious and are not being taking lightly just accept it and hope this will blow over without incident and we can go back to doing what we love. Think about it I was out with 5 yr old son imagine what may be thought if you guys are on the side of the tracks with a scanner , camera and notpad. Just a long winded FYI

David

#21100  by DutchRailnut

Don't lay of filming , do someting about the erosion of freedom. by accepting this ban as is you create a simular living enviroment the east block countries/Germany in 30/40's and some of communist countries in Asia have these days. this America the land of the free, not the land of the Ashcroft oppressed.
One of our rail/transit fans created a petition on the spreading Photo ban at:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/notransitpicban
please read it and consider signing it, this photoban could spread to freight railroads or and LIRR/MNCR as well.
and what would be next ?? the shut down of rail forums ??

#21111  by emfinite

To all NYAR guys...

I was in Fresh Pond on Saturday hoping to see some action, but everything was shut down. I didn't go in the yard, but I went into the back lot of that industry on Otto Rd. where the fence is next to the east leg of the wye. That door in the fence doesn't have a lock on it. You can just go right in. Might want to get a nice lock for it. Just a head's up.

Thanks,
Joe