Railroad Forums 

• Stone Train Question

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#31314  by DogBert

P&W came in with a stone train around 11:30pm tonight, so i'd imagine NY&A will haul it out sometime saturday...

#31428  by SeldenJrFireman

The one day my dad said we can go try and catch the Stone train is the day it went on vacation.I was sitting on Railroad Ave. under the Patchouge-Holbrook Road underpass from 9:30-10:30 and saw nothin. Went to KO and videotaped DE 422

#31503  by badneighbor

bummer

#31591  by jayrmli

The stone train arrived at Prima around 10:30PM last night, under a shower of sparks from a couple of fireworks shows going on at the time. I thought I was switching a freight train in Iraq!

Jay

#36680  by SeldenJrFireman

Is the stone train hitting Prima saturday nights? If so, Holtsville FD is having there 75th anniversary parade Aug. 7 and the tracks are right there. :D

#41349  by SeldenJrFireman

Still curious if i may come across anything tomorrow night at HFD.

#41630  by SeldenJrFireman

Didn't see anything but a LIRR deadhead back to ronko. From the top of our rescue truck, we could see a lumberyard and the main line. The best part was taking home the First Place Best Appearing Junior FD trophy yet again. :D