Railroad Forums 

• NY&A Yahoo Groups Question.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #11298  by Mr GP10

Hi Fellas, I would like to join the NY&A yahoo groups. Is there any way that I can join? Any help is very much apprciated. Thank You.

#11452  by Scrap em All

I think you would be the first member! No such group exists, however you could become the moderator and maybe start one up.?
 #11499  by lirrelectrician

Hi guys,
I just started a yahoo group an this very subject. Actually its called Long Island freight, and while i expect to cover the NYA I am also looking for sightings and other info on the NYCH, CP, CSX, P&W and LIRR work trains. So lets get this off the ground and have some fun
Thanks
Mike Scholz
LIRR Electrician
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/l ... ndfreight/

#11575  by emfinite

I just joined up with the new group. Hopefully we can get more people to join. I'll make sure to post any relevant info up there.

#11596  by Mr GP10

Oops I think I may have made a boo boo. sorry......... :(

#12182  by Vector

Hey, I just joined up. There was some other NY&A group on Yahoo but myself and others seemd to get denied membership. I guess Groucho Marx said it best "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." ... LOL

In the month of May I will finally have some Saturdays off so I'm hoping to get some good stone train shots to share here and with the group.

#12255  by Mr Met

Hey I just joined too

Any NYA in Bay shore this week :)
 #12934  by lirrelectrician

Hi guys,
I started the new list on yahoo because the "other" NYA list is a private list and really doesnt deal with the NYA anyway. It is mostly a New York Connecting railroad historis site so you arent missing much.
As far as my list goes all are welcome to join. And i encourage spotting reports too.
Thank you
Mike Scholz
Long Island Freight list owner
 #13035  by Sir Ray

lirrelectrician wrote:Hi guys,
I started the new list on yahoo because the "other" NYA list is a private list and really doesnt deal with the NYA anyway. It is mostly a New York Connecting railroad historis site so you arent missing much.
As far as my list goes all are welcome to join. And i encourage spotting reports too.
Did you set it so that non-members can read the messages (although they will not be able to post) - this can be done from the group adminstration screen (I've done it myself for a [now defunct] yahoo group).
Yes, I know it doesn't cost anything but a valid e-mail address to join, but it does help get the word out via linking from messages boards like this to the Yahoo group...