Railroad Forums 

• CEFX 402

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1283179  by csx8851

I went to Pond twice to see this thing. They never use those MP15s to switch nor those Geeps. Whats up with that lol. I just see those worn down SW1001's switching....gets rather boring.
 #1283231  by Backshophoss

That's the SW 1001 intended fuction,to move cars around in the yard,you would use more fuel when switching the yard with
the Geeps/MP-15's.
The GP-38-2's,MP-15's and the "rent a wreck" are considered Road power by NY+A.
 #1283850  by tj48

Saw CEFX 402 last night with another NY&A GP-38-2 (too dark to get a unit number) as I was passing Posillico/Coastal. The train was moving slowly west out of the double ended siding with a mixed freight. That 'CiT' logo is hard to miss.
 #1284443  by Train2009

emfinite wrote:Here she is trailing on the RS40 today (7/20/14):

That was RS31 the Pine Aire crew headed back from Fresh Pound.
 #1286819  by Teutobergerwald

Its been laying over in Pine-Aire Yard this weekend, along with 5 other NYA units.
 #1286862  by gregorygrice

Teutobergerwald wrote:Its been laying over in Pine-Aire Yard this weekend, along with 5 other NYA units.
Didn't seem like anything ran today
 #1287007  by mwichten

I didn't see it there this morning or when we just passed on the way home.
 #1287774  by MNR's #1 Conductor

csx8851 wrote:I went to Pond twice to see this thing. They never use those MP15s to switch nor those Geeps. Whats up with that lol. I just see those worn down SW1001's switching....gets rather boring.
Them ol' end cabbers are a dying breed, so get them while you can. If only anything built today could last even half as long as these ol' girls have, and handle the work as reliably. I wish MNR had stuff like them. Long live the End Cabbers! !! :-)
 #1289449  by mwichten

Laid up on the Elm Logistics siding at 5:30. Other. NYA power laid up on the east end of the yard.
 #1290106  by mirrodie

Besides 403, are there any new engines on the nyar?

Passing over the sag tonight, I saw what could had been 402 but w red paint on it.

A new engine or new paint...?.??
 #1290127  by tj48

You saw this: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3739563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its heading out to Brookhaven Rail Terminal. I saw it on Friday as part of a consist switching Poscillico/Coastal and the container company in Wyandanch.
 #1290182  by gregorygrice

tj48 wrote:You saw this: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3739563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its heading out to Brookhaven Rail Terminal. I saw it on Friday as part of a consist switching Poscillico/Coastal and the container company in Wyandanch.
I guess they finally got those wheels trued, pilot notched & the radio installed. Here's a video I took of it in FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwUYbEW_RQE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1290488  by mirrodie

Finally spotted something I didn't even know about. Cool. Thanks.
 #1291895  by Teutobergerwald

Saw 402 in Pine-Aire Yard with other NYA power tonight passing over on the Sagtikos. There's a long train there, too, I guess destined for Brookhaven, tonight, perhaps???