Railroad Forums 

• The SIRR AND RVRR II

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#52048  by ChooChooHead2

I was away overseas last week, and didn't have access to the internet. Have any major accomplishments taken place during the week?

I noticed a good deal or MOW equipment at Cranford Jct. that wasn't there before I left.

#52050  by bystander

I see there is a new yahoo gruop for m&e. that includes Staten Ilsand. Isnt ConRail is going over there. Whats the story on Staten Island.

#52055  by CNJFAN

Bystander,
How would a person find this Yahoo Group?

#52091  by RVRR Resurrected

So What work is left on the SIRR? How long until we can expect a train running down the tracks?

#52135  by ChooChooHead2

I was at the U-Store-It in Cranford, and noticed that the rehabbed siding along the fence at U-Store-It has been completed. Earlier posts indicated that it would serve Federal Plastics, but the siding ends just before the GSP bridge, a bout 100 yards (give or take) from FP. Any idea why it was installed?
 #52393  by Electrify the RVL!

Mikec:

Thanks for starting the new thread for this topic. It was getting a little hairy there.

On topic, for the last week or so there have been several pieces of equipment (roadrailer with a crane, at least one truck) sitting on the west side of Pine St. in Roselle. No work seems to be ongoing (as far as I can see) -- they're just parked there.

#52595  by Ken W2KB

>>> was at the U-Store-It in Cranford, and noticed that the rehabbed siding along the fence at U-Store-It has been completed. Earlier posts indicated that it would serve Federal Plastics, but the siding ends just before the GSP bridge, a bout 100 yards (give or take) from FP. Any idea why it was installed?<<<<

Most likely the interchange track.

#53457  by CNJFAN

I drove through Cranford on Thursday and noticed that there was a truck on the SIRR track going towards Linden apparently laying down more ballast.
Looking like home stretch on this line!
The rails look ready to go.

#53884  by Ken W2KB

It does look good. I wonder if a test train will be run/ Grand opening event so to speak.

#53886  by CNJFAN

I don't know how soon but I hope I will know about it when it takes place.
I would really try to be there to witness the reactivation.

#55144  by james1787

Heh,

As I was running to make my train this morning at New Providence station.. the NIMBY's were out handing out flyers and they were warning passengers "The freight train is coming!"... spoken almost confrontationally. If I had been a little more awake and a little earlier, I would have loved to have said "Oh really? Cool! Wow.. I wish I lived right on the ROW". Of course that thought occurred to me as I sat down on the train on my way to work. People just walked past the guy.. not really caring much at all.. just what I like to see.

#55147  by njt4172

james1787 wrote:Heh,

As I was running to make my train this morning at New Providence station.. the NIMBY's were out handing out flyers and they were warning passengers "The freight train is coming!"... spoken almost confrontationally. If I had been a little more awake and a little earlier, I would have loved to have said "Oh really? Cool! Wow.. I wish I lived right on the ROW". Of course that thought occurred to me as I sat down on the train on my way to work. People just walked past the guy.. not really caring much at all.. just what I like to see.
Ahh the h*ll with them!!! They are not going to win the battle when push comes to shove!! These people are gonna try everything they can do to derail it though........

Steve

#55176  by Don Maxton

There's an open forum at 7:30 tonight, Summit High School, according to the NIMBY web site. I assume this is one of the public information meetings that the M&E is committed to doing. It will probably consist of the NIMBY yahoos interrupting the speakers from the county and M&E. I hope they don't get any press coverage like they did in Kenilworth