Railroad Forums 

• Morristown Lumber

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#339242  by Don Maxton

Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that Morristown Lumber has cleaned up its siding (the portion inside their fence). Does anyone know if they're receiving goods by rail again? I think it's been a number of years since their last delivery.

#339342  by Tri-State Tom

Don -

Was around there just 2 weeks ago and didn't see this.

Did note the missing piece of rail within the grade crossing to Double D's and the several ROW maintenance vehicles parked on that siding.

#339373  by Don Maxton

The maintenance vehicles were still there on the siding, but the tracks inside the fence looked ready for use.

#340097  by blockline4180

There was another lumber company in Roseland that would get some shipments as well....I don't think they have gotten anything since 2000 or 2001. As far as Morristown Lumber is concerned they haven't gotten anything by rail since at least 1993 or 94...
I highly doubt they will ship by rail again!!!

Hope this helps!

#340182  by joe k

If you ever get into Morristown Lumber, the large building near Ridgedale Ave still has rails in the floor, across the drive / parking area extending from the main store building...the rails are not as visible in the main store since remodel about 15+ years ago.
F.P.N.
At one time Morristown Lumber had a second store in Whippany at the M&E Rt 10 crossing in the building next to the Mobil Station......the small siding just off the run around track in the yard would bring in material for this store too (the track that O.W. Links under tarp private car sat for years) this store closed about in the mid 70's.

#374322  by harryguy082589

joe k wrote:If you ever get into Morristown Lumber, the large building near Ridgedale Ave still has rails in the floor, across the drive / parking area extending from the main store building...the rails are not as visible in the main store since remodel about 15+ years ago.
F.P.N.
At one time Morristown Lumber had a second store in Whippany at the M&E Rt 10 crossing in the building next to the Mobil Station......the small siding just off the run around track in the yard would bring in material for this store too (the track that O.W. Links under tarp private car sat for years) this store closed about in the mid 70's.
Isn't there another lumber company there now? It seems it was shrunk to make room for a shopping complex, but if you look its still in the back.