Railroad Forums 

• LAL, BH, WNYP Train Movements 2012

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#1037180  by the1jp

Watched the 420 leading the 425 south across Spring street in Avon village Sunday 15th 8:50 AM. Probably going to switch Barilla.
 #1043360  by the1jp

425 and 420 in Avon village at around 8am this Sunday morning probably to switch Bariila. headed south light when complete
 #1067672  by alsorailfan

Thanks for posting those cool pictures! Due to working 6 days a week lately and other factors, have not been able to get down there for my Alco fix the past year. So these pictures are much appreciated. Cannot believe how much weeds have grown with this hot summer we've had. But doesn't detract the crisp look of 428 new paint job!
Chris
 #1074783  by railbird steve

wnyp olean to hornell turn came thru hornell dropped 4 picked up 7 2 railfans were tacking photos of the turn hope they see this and post pics! Question ,when is the hornell interchange closing? seems to be doing ok car wise (nothing like a year ago!)
 #1077075  by NS59

Another Tues trip from Olean,NY to Hornell,NY. They were working in Hornell around 1600 or so

On Monday there where about 5 loaded ballast cars on the siding at Machias for the WNYP to P/U
 #1077479  by ebtmikado

I will be on vacation at Keuka Lake from Sept. 15 to Sept. 22.
I would love to get some photos between Bath and Painted Post, especially street running in Painted Post.
Also interested in the new customer at Coopers Plains.

Any suggestions as to when I might be successful in finding trains?

Thanks,
Lee Carlson
 #1077492  by K4Pacific

Lee,

Anytime between noon and three for Painted Post. A lot has changed. Just head down to Coopers at 11am to start at Mill St engine house. They hold sand cars up in Bath on the old B&H switch for the transload in Coopers. Decent traffic north of Bath too. I can scout for you or the esteemed Richard S. Perry can. Coopers Plains is a railroad town.
 #1077501  by ebtmikado

Thanks.
Back in my younger years, I remember seeing the Erie track and station in Coopers from Rt. 15. It was to the north of the Lackawanna mainline.

I'd appreciate any scouting. I grew up spending summers on Keuka. I really look forward to this adventure. 50-55 years ago, I'd ride the B&H
D-1 or D-2 round trip to Bath at least once each summer. U.S. Arland was the president, Norman Emilson the V.P. Engineer's name was Bob.
Their phone number was 114.

Lee
 #1080417  by ebtmikado

Really looking forward to this. I'll probably head to Coopers on Tuesday, Sep. 18 or Wednesday, Sep. 19. Will plan on being there before 11:00.

Thanks for the advice. I'll appreciate knowing anything else you may think of.

Lee