Railroad Forums 

• #430 and #424 to Service on WNYP line.

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#200282  by nessman

The LAL interchanges with the R&S at Brooks Ave Yard, but does not have trackage rights over the R&S. This facilitates NS traffic destined to/from the LAL. The CSX interchange remains at Genesee Junction.

My guess is NS moved the engines from Silver Springs for pickup by an empty hopper train and dropped off at either Olean for pickup by a WNYP local. I don't think they have an interchange track in Hornell established just yet.

#200397  by railwatcher

Les,

I reviewed the LAL website and it states and shows on the map that they have haulage rights over the R&SRR from Rochester to Silver Springs. So the engines would have made the trip to Silver Springs and with an NS pilot would go to Hornell. But, it doesnt matter as they were seen returning to Lakeville for unknown reasons.

Greg

#200408  by nessman

Note: Movement between Silver Springs and Rochester is via LAL haulage over RSR.
RSR "hauls" LAL traffic between Silver Springs and Brooks Ave... they essentially act as a bridge between interchange points. I've seen LAL power at Silver Springs awaiting pickup by either NS or CP - so engines are treated like any other rolling stock once they're interchanged with the R&S / NS.