Railroad Forums 

• Wires down over DLWR at Harvester Ave

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#1347259  by ctclark1

Looks like the DLWR was involved in pulling some wires down in Batavia yesterday. From The Batavian:
A pole and wires are down in front of 56 Harvester Ave. They are blocking traffic.
It appears that a train accidentally yanked the pole and wires down and the train is stopped on Harvester, blocking the roadway.
Full post w/pictures

Apologies for the lack of knowledge on what I'm looking at, but what are they hauling? I don't know who is still active at that end of the line to know what those are.
 #1349127  by Old & Weary

Graham Manufacturing makes large heat exchangers used in the oil refining and chemical industry. They ship by rail now only on occasion and its unfortunate things didn't go well for these loads which had just left their siding. I've seen larger loads in the past so don't know what caused these to snag although it looks like they suffered no damage and no one was injured. Both this article from The Batavian website and the news story in the Batavia Daily News identified them as "tank cars" thereby showing there woeful lack of knowledge of both railroads and whats made in their own town.