• Trains on CSX St. Lawrence Sub (CR's Montreal Secondary)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

Unfortunate, but we knew it was coming.........please keep us posted as to when the last Q620-621's are going to run---would really like to get a few last shots. Huge kudos go out to Scott for his videography over these last months---Thanks!!

Charlie
  by Leo_Ames

Did any of the local railfans happen to notice and snap a picture of the Delaware & Hudson covered hopper that was at Poulin Grain in Canton today?

Not something you see everyday in 2010, but sadly I didn't have time to do anything more then get a quick glance of it as I drove by on Route 11.
  by Leo_Ames

I wasn't able to run by in the daytime to see if was still there and snap a picture, but if it's still around tomorrow, I'll be going by it and will stop and take a few too.

It can't have ever been very common, I spent 20-30 minutes searching for pictures of D&H covered hoppers last night and didn't find anything that looked like it, even as a model.
  by x1sspic

The B787 is coming down to switch out Canton Agway now, so I would expect that they will pick the D&H hopper up. It may very well end up coming south on today's Q620.

Scott
  by Bigt

Leo,

I thought the same thing....the car was rusting, but, looked like it had a deep red color
to begin with. I believe I once saw one of their 40 foot (maybe 50 foot) boxcars in that scheme....
deep red with yellow reporting marks and the D&H shield, but, I have never seen a hopper in that
scheme. Most of their hoppers, as I recall, were gray in color with black reporting marks and shield.

Watched the "big train" go south thru Canton this afternoon. Three units - 2nd one a CN unit.
Lots of well cars on the rear....many with double stacks. Fair number of lumber racks also.
  by Leo_Ames

x1sspic wrote:The B787 is coming down to switch out Canton Agway now, so I would expect that they will pick the D&H hopper up. It may very well end up coming south on today's Q620.

Scott
It was gone when I went by around 2 in the hope of getting a picture, so I probably had just missed it by a couple of hours.
  by x1sspic

Leo_Ames wrote:
x1sspic wrote:The B787 is coming down to switch out Canton Agway now, so I would expect that they will pick the D&H hopper up. It may very well end up coming south on today's Q620.

Scott
It was gone when I went by around 2 in the hope of getting a picture, so I probably had just missed it by a couple of hours.

B787 didn't get back to Norwood before the Q620 did their pickup yesterday, so I would say the D&H hopper is probably sitting on the Norwood siding now, and may be on today's (Saturday) Q620.

Scott
  by lvrr325

Northbound going up from Syracuse @ 11:00 AM - three CN cowls (in three different paint schemes, at that) and double-stacks on the head end. No CSX units.
  by roadster

CSX has temporarily suspended plans to cease the CN interchange traffic along the St.Law. Sub.. CSX plans seem to be changing frequently. If I hear something with validaty. I'll pass it along. With the usual disclaimer.
  by tree68

Saw Q620 pass through Utica Sunday AM behind CN power and wondered that same thing.

The only constant seems to be change....
  by roadster

Here's a headsup for all North Country fans. CSX is running an executive train, (P912 I believe), up the St.Lawrence, and Montreal subs to Canada, Tuesday 11/30, from Dewitt. It arrived in Dewitt last night, and is being serviced today for the trip North. I'd expect it to leave Syracuse around 7-8am. Good luck.