• The Raritan Valley Line Thread…

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Kaback9

I'll confirm it was 4302. Saw them in Newark Penn this morning with the comet 3's there were indeed no cabs and saw the 4302 returning later in the afternoon with those two cars mentioned above. No Idea what was going on, but glad I'm not crazy and that there was another sighting :)
  by sixty-six

Kaback9 wrote:I'll confirm it was 4302. Saw them in Newark Penn this morning with the comet 3's there were indeed no cabs and saw the 4302 returning later in the afternoon with those two cars mentioned above. No Idea what was going on, but glad I'm not crazy and that there was another sighting :)
You are crazy, another sighting or not.
  by Kaback9

jimzim66 wrote:
Kaback9 wrote:I'll confirm it was 4302. Saw them in Newark Penn this morning with the comet 3's there were indeed no cabs and saw the 4302 returning later in the afternoon with those two cars mentioned above. No Idea what was going on, but glad I'm not crazy and that there was another sighting :)
Now now, thats an unfair attack. I don't have any videos of myself dancing to some music on here.
  by Jtgshu

Kaback9 wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Now now, thats an unfair attack. I don't have any videos of myself dancing to some music on here.
That can be arrainged............ :)
  by cruiser939

Kaback9 wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Good point. And you're not blabbering on and on about how no one is watching and telling you how much they like your dancing.
  by Ken W2KB

Jtgshu wrote:
red92s wrote: Pretty cool day today on the RVL, as there was the following:

One train with 2 PL42s MUed

Work Geep with a string of Comets (None appeared to be cabs. Anyone know why they're going to Raritan?)

Presumably same work Geep with Hickory Creek and NYC 43 Tavern and Lounge. (Anyone know where those are going? Boonton?)
It was the same loco, the 4302 I think it was, that brought back the two private cars, they are stored up in Lebanon on a siding at the station. I believe i read somewhere that they are going to be in Philly for National Train Day this Saturday so they are probably getting in position for that.
Unless Amtrak changed since its plans, as of a couple weeks ago the 43 and Hickory Creek were to go on the Crescent to New Orleans for National Train Day. If Boonton rolling stock can be rearranged in time to accomodate them, upon the return from Amtrak they will likely be sent there for storage, no longer utilizing Lebanon.
  by Mac Carter

I watched yesterday while 4302 pushed the two cars eastbound onto the siding at Cushetunk. He was talking to westbound Train 5725 while this was going on. About 45 minutes later 5725 came roaring through Whitehouse Station without stopping, something I've never seen before.

All very interesting. And not much of interest normally occurs on the RVL west of Raritan!

Mac Carter
  by Ken W2KB

Mac Carter wrote:I watched yesterday while 4302 pushed the two cars eastbound onto the siding at Cushetunk. He was talking to westbound Train 5725 while this was going on. About 45 minutes later 5725 came roaring through Whitehouse Station without stopping, something I've never seen before.

All very interesting. And not much of interest normally occurs on the RVL west of Raritan!

Mac Carter
Some of the crews on lightly patronized trains will survey the passengers once west of Raritan to see if they need to stop at each station.
  by M&Eman

Ken W2KB wrote:
Mac Carter wrote:I watched yesterday while 4302 pushed the two cars eastbound onto the siding at Cushetunk. He was talking to westbound Train 5725 while this was going on. About 45 minutes later 5725 came roaring through Whitehouse Station without stopping, something I've never seen before.

Mac Carter
Some of the crews on lightly patronized trains will survey the passengers once west of Raritan to see if they need to stop at each station.
What if someone wanted a ride from White House to High Bridge, or some other unlikely journey like that?
  by Mike77E9

This was in today's Courier News: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/ ... RONTPAGE|s

SOMERVILLE — Additional park-and-ride lots for bus service and an extended train line as far as Phillipsburg are among the improvements considered in a New Jersey Transit report on the future of public transportation in the Interstate 78 corridor.

The report, presented at a meeting of the Raritan Valley Rail Coalition on Monday, does not recommend which projects should be pursued. Instead it merely presents options, said Richard Wisneski, a representative of NJ Transit’s capital planning unit.
  by srock1028

This morning, 5710 had the 4206 in the lead with 6 comet cars. Looks like something ended up in the worng place last night.

NO BS

-A
  by blockline4180

srock1028 wrote:This morning, 5710 had the 4206 in the lead with 6 comet cars. Looks like something ended up in the worng place last night.

NO BS

-A

Maybe a P40 set made its way into Hoboken?? LOL, just dreaming here!
  by sixty-six

blockline4180 wrote:
srock1028 wrote:This morning, 5710 had the 4206 in the lead with 6 comet cars. Looks like something ended up in the worng place last night.

NO BS

-A

It's already happened.
  by blockline4180

jimzim66 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:

NO BS

-A

It's already happened.

Interesting, thanks!
  by Ken W2KB

M&Eman wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:

Mac Carter
What if someone wanted a ride from White House to High Bridge, or some other unlikely journey like that?
I've had the same thought when asked the question by the crewmember; sometimes the train slows a bit approaching the stations so the engineer may be looking for anyone on the platform, essentially turning the station into a flagstop for the occasion.