• The longest NYA train you've seen or crewed

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by Knife-Switch

OK TK here ya go....

Awww Dude, if you think my layouts a wreck, you should see me on the mainline....

by Scrap em Again

Yeah I remember that loser with the broken foot too, seems like he enjoys having a leg dipped in plaster. He seems to have masochistic tendencies :-D LMAO

by tushykushy

Excellent.

I love it.

by mainline

RS 61 with 54 cars W/B at MP 47 Ronkonkoma. Two GP38's 24 General Merchandise and 30 empty tilcons. 7/1/03. Speedy recovery Tom heard today.

by tushykushy

I think Scrap had the longest train I ever saw with 54 cars and 3 38's.

But I must admitt..... seeing the RS-60 go east with 46 thru the Danch one day during day light hours on the catwalk of 268 was something else. It was quite amusing seeing a little gondola being tossed around like a little rag doll.

Even seeing the rock train with 4 engines is pretty satisfying.

by Shawn B. Mynes

an LIRR motorman told me that he ran a six car stone train and it was a real challenging train to run. they had two engines but nobody knew how to MU them so they had to fight the hill going to hicksville.

by KFC Jones

My personal record of 53 ore jennies dosen't seem like much compared to the other trains here. Although you could factor in that this was starting from Maspeth yard and I couldn't get TOO much speed for the hill until we cleared the yard and the conductor (Cosmonaut) normaled the switch and did a flying leap onto the rear of the train! I believe the power that night was two MP15s and the wheelslip wonder AKA 201.

The usual move was for the conductor to ride the rear all the way to Prima. No, just kidding, once we hit levelish ground at Pond, he walked up.

by The Workers

Shawn B. Mynes wrote:an LIRR motorman told me that he ran a six car stone train...
The LIRR does not have motormen.

by BMT

The LIRR does not have motormen.
Shouldn't that be motorPERSONS? :wink:

Nyuk...nyuk...nyuk!