• The Amtrak Exhibit Train

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MetroBostonRailways

CSX Conductor wrote:
Sprinter611 wrote:Amtrak Exhibit Train moving up to White River JCT through Bellows Falls VT at 6:30pm according to heritageunits.com. The power will be the Amtrak 145 & Amtrak 822. One question, once the event is done tomorrow, will the train go to Boston (WRJ-BOS via Palmer) or will the train go to New Haven or Albany (WRJ-Palmer-Springfield-New Haven) (WRJ-Palmer-ALB)? I'd like to see this train on the B&A on Sunday if it runs so....
I'm assuming that it will go back to Philadelphia by way of NECR to Palmer, CSXT west to Springfield and then Amtrak SPG Line to New Haven.
Or.... It could go back to Albany and go on the LSL to Chicago, then the 145 and 822 are used as the power for the upcoming Pine Tree AAPRCO special in about a week... just a thought. The only flaw I see in that is that the special will use 3 P42s, not 2
  by gregorygrice

Has the train left WRJ yet?
  by gregorygrice

Exhibit train passing Stamford on the way to PHL last nigth: http://youtu.be/9NQAIK7tOvg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;