• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by chief

Track gang working East today from relocated Cochecton Station to Mast Hope. X day is getting near.
  by northjerseybuff

I'll bite. What/when is X day?
  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:I'll bite. What/when is X day?

Think about it!!!

What is he talking about???? Every time somebody gives exact days he gets blasted if it doesn't come to pass!
  by SecaucusJunction

Autoblock wrote:I should have posted this before but at the end of the season last year the section of track and the timbers on the siding were pulled up from the bridge in Deposit and what i believe to be new timbers are sitting down by the feed mill.

So I would assume this means that only one of the main tracks is currently in service between Deposit and Sanford? If Lordville-Eddy is still OOS, then there would be an awful lot of single track before anything could pass. Anyone know when the bridge might be repaired?
  by blockline4180

I just heard that CSX is pulling out of NYCT and Little Ferry, NJ for container traffic that is destined for the Midwest.....So I'm guessing if NS doesn't pick this up it will go to truck on the Interstate..... Unless of course NS looking into grabbing it and runs it on the Tier!!
  by 161pw165

blockline4180 wrote:I just heard that CSX is pulling out of NYCT and Little Ferry, NJ for container traffic that is destined for the Midwest.....So I'm guessing if NS doesn't pick this up it will go to truck on the Interstate..... Unless of course NS looking into grabbing it and runs it on the Tier!!
Thoughts / reasons as to why CSX would pull out?
  by blockline4180

161pw165 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:I just heard that CSX is pulling out of NYCT and Little Ferry, NJ for container traffic that is destined for the Midwest.....So I'm guessing if NS doesn't pick this up it will go to truck on the Interstate..... Unless of course NS looking into grabbing it and runs it on the Tier!!
Thoughts / reasons as to why CSX would pull out?

I have no idea.... Maybe because the contract ran out?? Like I said, it is all speculation, but u can read more here!

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,2819444
  by cjvrr

This would give the NYS&W a terminal to operate to/from again......hmmm.
  by blockline4180

cjvrr wrote:This would give the NYS&W a terminal to operate to/from again......hmmm.

Interesting, but I think CSX is only pulling some traffic out of LF, not all... Correct me if I am wrong though!
  by Steve F45

x day i thought he was referring to was the day they start the crossing repairs.

And I just posted in the nj forum about teh little ferry terminal loosing some traffic and the mention of usps looking to go rail again...hmmmm lol
  by markyk

I think CSX is just consolidating operations.....as per their website, Kansas City and St Louis being consolidated to Elizabeth Marine Terminal (EMT) and Port Newark Container Terminal (PNCT)......

Interesting.......
  by SecaucusJunction

There is still the domestic intermodal traffic that ran between LF and St. Louis/Kansas City that seems to be being disposed of as well as any traffic that runs into NYCT for those cities. I guess either NS picked up the traffic or it will be leaving NJ via the interstate....
  by northjerseybuff

X day has come and gone
  by SecaucusJunction

Well, you got an SU99 with an NJT geep leader. Pretty decent for an x day, even though it got delayed until after dark.
  by northjerseybuff

That detour had nothing to do with more trains coming to the tier. It was due to a washout on the hudson secondary.