• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SecaucusJunction

Of course, just made for an interesting move on x day.
  by northjerseybuff

So what is this X day anyway? Is it something someone told you? or did you make it up? I don't understand it at all
  by SecaucusJunction

If you look back to the last page, you'll see the origins of it. It never said what the actual day was though. Just that it is getting near.
  by northjerseybuff

but you just said on this page "it made for an interesting x day"...therefor yesterday was X day.
  by Steve F45

Someone had mentioned yesterday's date and x day and it kinda just took off from there. The nysw detour was just pure coincidence. And it was a collapsing concrete culvert by the old L&HR shops that caused the detour, not a washout.
  by markyk

Surprised that NOBODY in this thread has discussed the Strates Carnival Train that is heading up the tier right now.......left Port Jervis around 11:30 ish.......NYSW crew on board, NS power
  by K4Pacific

There are several other posts, but not on the east end thread. CNY wasn't going to grab it until late this afternoon.
  by markyk

waiting for a crew at SPARROW..........ETD 3pm
  by Autoblock

Strates Carnival train thru Hancock at 2030 stats unknown.
  by cjvrr

SO does this win whomever the bet? It was an NS train on the east end of the tier! LOL
  by SecaucusJunction

Per the rules and bylaws of the bet, I believe this cancels it.
  by K4Pacific

Regular scheduled service. Stay tuned. I feel frothing libations anyway.
  by charlie6017

K4Pacific wrote:Regular scheduled service. Stay tuned. I feel frothing libations anyway.
Sometimes I wish I understood the lingo that you use at times........... :-)

Charlie
  by blockline4180

charlie6017 wrote:
K4Pacific wrote:Regular scheduled service. Stay tuned. I feel frothing libations anyway.
Sometimes I wish I understood the lingo that you use at times........... :-)

Charlie
Ditto x 2!!
  by mainetrain

I recognize that lingo, perhaps too well