• Silverliner II and III cars: How many are left?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by CNJGeep

jackintosh11 wrote:And I thought that NJ Transit removed the cab car capability from these cars when they stored them.
No.
  by ApproachMedium

FRA waivers expired, not road worthy in leading service most likely. That arrow car doesnt have the problems the silverliners supposedly did. I think they bought that car before they started scrapping the old silverliners.
  by ExCon90

There's a thread on this somewhere stating that a Reading II (9001?) has been accepted by the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, but it's not there yet as far as I know.
  by Limited-Clear

It was nothing to do with FRA waivers, the arrow pair were obtained way before the scrapping of II and III cars, the cars have been modified for use on those wire train, including a knuckle coupler and HEP cabling
  by ApproachMedium

The car refered to in the picture is not an arrow pair, its an Arrow 1 car that became a push pull comet IB car from NJT that was purchased by septa much more recently.
  by Limited-Clear

My apologies, I read it that they were asking about 601, now I see it is 610 being asked about
  by 4400Washboard

When will Silverliner II #9001 be transferred to the RR Museum Of PA? Nice to see SEPTA finally donating a Budd Silverliner. Will it be kept in septa or reading colors?
  by 25Hz

May be gone by now, but yesterday (friday) at woodbourne yard i spotted at least one string of older silverliners.

It took me by surprise so i didn't have time to snap a photo. I didn't catch any numbers either, sorry!