• Secaucus Jct-Platforms lengthening

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by 25Hz

I've been in the station when they swapped both loco & consist... They pulled in i think it was 4105 right up to the bumping block and then one of those rebuilt work units shuffled in 6-7 comets. I guess one set was facing one way & the other was facing the other way and they just needed to have a train ready for that departure. It was idling prime mover only till they hooked the cars up. Not as loud, but still very noticeable vs west ended. Then there was the time they had an F40 lashed to a geep shuffling consists around mid-day as the cab cars sat by themselves. When they throttled up to mate one of the cabs it totally startled a bunch of people much to my amusement. :)
  by ACeInTheHole

25Hz wrote:I've been in the station when they swapped both loco & consist... They pulled in i think it was 4105 right up to the bumping block and then one of those rebuilt work units shuffled in 6-7 comets. I guess one set was facing one way & the other was facing the other way and they just needed to have a train ready for that departure. It was idling prime mover only till they hooked the cars up. Not as loud, but still very noticeable vs west ended. Then there was the time they had an F40 lashed to a geep shuffling consists around mid-day as the cab cars sat by themselves. When they throttled up to mate one of the cabs it totally startled a bunch of people much to my amusement. :)
You mean they pulled 4105 in with another locomotive? How recently was it? 4105s HEP has gone bad and it's used for work service as of recently
  by blockline4180

beanbag wrote:
25Hz wrote:I've been in the station when they swapped both loco & consist... They pulled in i think it was 4105 right up to the bumping block and then one of those rebuilt work units shuffled in 6-7 comets. I guess one set was facing one way & the other was facing the other way and they just needed to have a train ready for that departure. It was idling prime mover only till they hooked the cars up. Not as loud, but still very noticeable vs west ended. Then there was the time they had an F40 lashed to a geep shuffling consists around mid-day as the cab cars sat by themselves. When they throttled up to mate one of the cabs it totally startled a bunch of people much to my amusement. :)
You mean they pulled 4105 in with another locomotive? How recently was it? 4105s HEP has gone bad and it's used for work service as of recently

I never know what the heck he means most of the time!!!

But yes, I'm pretty sure the 4105 has been on freight duty for awhile now!
  by ACeInTheHole

blockline4180 wrote:
beanbag wrote:

I never know what the heck he means most of the time!!!

But yes, I'm pretty sure the 4105 has been on freight duty for awhile now!
I did see the 4105 just last week delivering a ballast train to the track work just outside Broad Street.