• Rail Rodeo 2013

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by scotty269

ex Budd man wrote:The 2013 Rail Rodeo Team Achievement Award was the final milestone for SEPTA in the APTA Triple Crown – Outstanding Public Transportation System (2012) and Bus Roadeo Grand Champions (2013) – and all of this was made possible by the hard work and dedication of SEPTA employees.

Thank you.
Clearfield wrote:
ex Budd man wrote:We are very pleased to announce that our Local Rail Rodeo winners upset the competition and took top honors with the overall Team Achievement Award.
If you also consider that SEPTA won the APTA Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement Award, its a Triple Crown!
  by MACTRAXX

[quote="KAWASAKI-FAN100"]LED interior lights, new seats, new flooring, etc. The members who worked on the team that VOH these cars told me the first 35 push-pull coach cars out of 53 will be VOH.

K-F And Everyone: I like the chosen colors for the new SEPTA P/P car interiors - The seats certainly look better then they
did when they were brown...The one question I have is did they retain the MNCR-style cushion seat backs?

MACTRAXX
  by sammy2009

They are snazzy I love it. I hope SEPTA gets more Comets from NJ TRANSIT ;)....Quick question does anyone know which run and time these coaches run on the Trenton Line ? , I Want to ride them
  by KAWASAKI-FAN100

By the way, those seats are really, really soft.
  by ericr

KAWASAKI-FAN100 wrote:By the way, those seats are really, really soft.
So they are going to wore out and flat in a year? :(
  by CNJGeep

sammy2009 wrote:They are snazzy I love it. I hope SEPTA gets more Comets from NJ TRANSIT ;)....Quick question does anyone know which run and time these coaches run on the Trenton Line ? , I Want to ride them
They rotate around the system. If they do run on the R7, look for them on the Push-Pulls...
  by zebrasepta

SEPTA's news about the rail rodeo
http://www.septa.org/media/short/2013/06-05.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eighteen of North America's best rail operators and maintenance teams flocked to SEPTA's Fern Rock Maintenance Facility for the 2013 International Rail Rodeo Competition. Held on Saturday, June 1st, the rodeo featured top contestants selected from various state and local competitions. The annual event was held in conjunction with the American Public Transportation Association's (APTA) Rail Conference, the largest and most comprehensive conference for the rail industry.