• CSX Activity in New England

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Puter-Geek

Mbta fan wrote:
What time do you go down there, and is it everyday
Usually later in the evening now or early in the morning. Depending on what other work we have. And usually once every week to 3 or 4 weeks. They have been real slow.
  by Puter-Geek

CSX Conductor wrote:Hey PuterGeek: D.A.P?
No, I am not DAP. Please, don't put me in the same category as him!
  by Puter-Geek

Mbta fan wrote:
Tracer wrote:330pm. Seemed odd to see this train come into readville at that time. I wasnt sure of the train #.
Ok I was there 10 minutes earlier, I missed this barely
B710 with the beginning of the backlog of cars from the October Storm that didn't make it over the Berkshires.
  by consist

Anybody know why six loads of coal were in Framingham Sunday 11/13? Part of an otherwise ordinary looking eastbound manifest. Who gets coal on this line? Five CSX and one red NYC paint schemes on the coal cars.
  by boatsmate

could have been miss routed might be for the B&M they service St gorbains on the worcester line and they get cars of coal.....
  by pharmerphil54

The cut of coal cars is most likely for Stlies&Hart in Bridgewater.
  by MBTA1016

Tracer wrote:
Jedijk88 wrote:Certainteed Norwood just went on strike:

http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2011/12/20 ... story.html
Hopefully things get resolved. I think they are the only active customer on the line.

Ouch that definitely explains the lack of sm lorrusso trucks going past my house. Hollingsworth&vose gets rail service dont know how often.
  by CSX Conductor

Hollingsworth Vose gets their shipments by rail at Beacon Park Flexi-Flo. The product is trucked betwee Walpole & Beacon Park. I'm sad I never got any pictures of the train on their trestle.
  by MBTA1016

I was sure they get shipments by rail since they do have a track you can see from Washington st that's definitely usable. I have noticed that there is a definite lack of truck traffic on my street recently. Unusual for sure since I live near a truck depot of sunbird transport.
  by MBTA1016

Are there any other plants that are on strike right now that are serviced by csx, also there is a gatx car at the Norwood certainteed plant that's on strike.
  by MBTA1016

Is csx still serving the certainteed plant in Norwood? I drove by about 15 mins ago and that gatx car is still there. The strike is pretty organized, they have 2-3cops and a teamsters local25 18 wheeler on the side of the road. There is also a long line of cars that belong to striking employees going toward summer st.
  by MBTA1016

I'm just posting to bump this up and to ask a question. Is the csx Walpole yard used anymore, I recently drove of the route27 bridge just west of the yard and it was really empty. Is this common a lot or just a lack of business as usual with economy in the dumps?
  by railman616

Walpole is still in use. B732 out of Framingham brings inbounds for Readville down and drops them off on TK 6 for one of the Readville jobs that brings down the outbounds that b732 takes to Framingham after swithching Foxboro Terminal.