• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by SteelRail

Getting Rail Service Back On Track By Bryan Mercer
Updated Nov 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM EDT
Norwich, NY (WBNG Binghamton) 40 miles of railroad track in Chenango County have been unusable since the flood of 2006...

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Getting- ... 79088.html
  by K4Pacific

This is great news. The NS infrastructure is at capacity. A perfect opportunity for transload capability! How can we help ensure that this can happen? Also, can we change the name of the thread? lol.
  by fredrick

what is mean the south end of the utica branch might be fix?
  by K4Pacific

Please read the link and there's your answer.
  by fredrick

lets all hope. is happens
  by ut-1

There must be something to this since the NYS&W has agreed to dish out 525K. Would be interesting to know what political will is behind CCIDA's application. One would hope the organization would have all its ducks in a row before releasing this statement. If so, this might be very promising indeed.
  by charlie6017

Alek,

I merged the thread you created and lumped it together, hope ya don't mind............I hope this jump starts this line! :-)

Charlie
  by fredrick

hopefully it wont take to long.to pass.
  by fredrick

hopefully nysdot will give answer soon not later. on this project?
  by charlie6017

fredrick wrote:hopefully nysdot will give answer soon not later. on this project?
This line has been out of service for over five years............You've gotta be patient, Rome was not built in a day. It's gonna be awhile I would think.

Hang in there......

Charlie
  by fredrick

charlie6017 wrote:
fredrick wrote:hopefully nysdot will give answer soon not later. on this project?
This line has been out of service for over five years............You've gotta be patient, Rome was not built in a day. It's gonna be awhile I would think.

Hang in there......

Charlie
i kind inpatient person i try to tell my self is may take awhile. hopefully down road we get answer yes or no to this project. hopefully it would will be go for this project.
  by Alek9997

It may take a year for work to even begin on the repairs, but I am seeing signs of service returning to Sherburne in the near future...We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.