Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Port Jervis

Had a real bad day today. While pushing train #62 (11:31 out of Port Jervis) the thing just up and died @ Passaic. GP40 4209 had to come and rescue it.

Has this engine been rebuilt yet? I know there have been major issues with the recently overhauled Metro North GP40FH's.
Last edited by Port Jervis on Wed May 25, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by sixty-six

Port Jervis wrote:
Has this engine been rebuilt yet? I know there have been major issues with the recently overhauled Metro North GP40FH's.
And with every overhauled F40.
  by Port Jervis

jimzim66 wrote:
Port Jervis wrote:
Brookville or MPI?
  by sixty-six

Port Jervis wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Port Jervis wrote:
Brookville or MPI?
Progress Rail Services.
  by Port Jervis

jimzim66 wrote:
Progress Rail Services.
Ah, forgot about them.
  by HBLR

As far as i've seen the brookville locomotives have been doing quite well for metro north, LIRR and SIRT. They do good work, and now have a streamlined passenger locomotive intended for more than MoW and branch duty. Just saying.
  by Port Jervis

HBLR wrote:As far as i've seen the brookville locomotives have been doing quite well for metro north, LIRR and SIRT. They do good work, and now have a streamlined passenger locomotive intended for more than MoW and branch duty. Just saying.
I thought the Brookville BL-20's were also having problems (I know, this should really be in the Metro North board).
  by sixty-six

HBLR wrote:As far as i've seen the brookville locomotives have been doing quite well for metro north, LIRR and SIRT. They do good work, and now have a streamlined passenger locomotive intended for more than MoW and branch duty. Just saying.
And that has what to do with rebuilds?
  by DutchRailnut

Don't know what your smoking Kid, the LIRR has no Brookville locomotives yet.
  by Sid Farkus

I thought I read on here somewhere that 4193 and 4194 are not planned on being rebuilt anytime soon since these are the "newer" MN F40PH's. Is that true?
  by TheTroll

4193 and 4194 are the "newer" F40's. They came all rebuilt during the winter of 2003-2004. I could be wrong about that, might be early 2003. But it was definitely in the winter. I told JT a story about the 4194. They have always seemed to be quirky.
  by break the seals

LIRR Only has EMD power HBLR, Dutch, Hes on it all..
  by Sid Farkus

Troll, they were first put into service in spring of 2004.
  by HBLR

DutchRailnut wrote:
I was under the impression that they had some type of small MoW engine manufactured by brookville. Nowhere did I say i can't be wrong. I don't smoke, and don't call me kid, thanks.

I also said "just saying" as in, no need or further comment. Maybe if you stopped trying to jump all over me you'd realize i was just making a valid point... then moving on...
  by morris&essex4ever

HBLR wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:
I was under the impression that they had some type of small MoW engine manufactured by brookville. Nowhere did I say i can't be wrong. I don't smoke, and don't call me kid, thanks.

I also said "just saying" as in, no need or further comment. Maybe if you stopped trying to jump all over me you'd realize i was just making a valid point... then moving on...
I think someone needs to