• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by dudeduncan77

First Time Visiting this site....but here's my experience so far with the hiring process:
August-Applied for Conductor Position in Danville, WV
September-Interviewed
November-Drug Screening and Strength Test
December 17th- Status went to "Ready to hire" -awaiting start date confirmation....
So fingers crossed that I'll be at the REDI Center in January...
  by EWS1963

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.......
Let me say thanks again to all the valuable info given on this site.. Received my call as well Jan 17 Redi class for conductor is my start date as well...Baltimore md is where I'm gonna work out of. Congrats to all and good luck to all those applying and waiting on the call...Peace & Blessings...
  by ravenfan

Happy Holidays everybody,
I wanted to thank everyone on here for providing quality information to those of us seeking guidance.I also received my call for Jan 17th. I will be working out of Baltimore MD as well. Once again thanks for all information you provided to this interesting forum.
I hope everyone has a GREAT Holiday season.
  by fishin360

Congrads to everyone who recieved a call to report to redi. I hope I'm next, status is still pending start date. Has anyone from Jersey or Philly recieved a call yet?
  by frank68

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's to everyone in here and good luck to those of us waiting and hoping to get hired with CSX and start our new careers!! And to those who have just been hired and waiting to go to REDI, good going, congratulations and do well in training!!! Frank
  by COEN77

I want to wish those starting out on the railroad good luck. It's a difficult carreer in the begining years till a person gains some seniority. You might go through furloughs it happens it's the way it's always been. Take in stride don't get angry use common sense. During those years save money for the slack times don't make big purchases till you feel secure. CSX is a difficult railroad to work for a person can make it easy or hard on themselves attitude is everything. Pay attention work safe follow the rules. To those still waiting on a call I wish you good luck. Merry Christmas.

Jim
  by JCitron

Congratulations and best of luck to those who made it through the hiring process.

I am both excited and happy for you all.

Happy holidays.

John
  by StanTheMan

Just talked to the CSX medical department and they said they just qualified me, so i'm guessing I'll be getting a call soon. I'll be working out of Columbus, Oh
  by FinalMacGyver

Question for everyone. When hired we had the option of driving to REDi or Flying. If you drive are you compensated for any mileage, or how does it work?
  by dirtydave

Yes you are compensated up to the amount for a plane ticket.
  by soontobecsxconductor

FinalMacGyver wrote:Question for everyone. When hired we had the option of driving to REDi or Flying. If you drive are you compensated for any mileage, or how does it work?
csx pays 50 cents a mile if you can i would drive it not fun being without a car for 6 wks
  by fishin360

Should I give hr a call? They said that I would hear something by the 20th of december. My status is still pending start date. The last time I talkto someone told me mid janurary for redi. A whole bunch of guys got the call already. I don't want to be a pain in the you know what. Maybe the hr person I was talking to in the beginning is on vacation or something. Has anyone called HR and ask about their status?
  by blitzz2

fishin360 wrote:Should I give hr a call? They said that I would hear something by the 20th of december. My status is still pending start date. The last time I talkto someone told me mid janurary for redi. A whole bunch of guys got the call already. I don't want to be a pain in the you know what. Maybe the hr person I was talking to in the beginning is on vacation or something. Has anyone called HR and ask about their status?
Be Proactive, I picked up the phone for my start date from CSX, and after talking with her she said " thank god, this was the 3rd phone # iv'e tried just to reach you" so the conversation went and I was told a REDI center date of 17 Jan. This was after I told them to change my main contact #. But thankfully she was persistent and I thanked her for that.
  by fishin360

I made the call. Hr told me I passed all my test. He told me just to wait, he is waiting for redi to give him a start date to pass it on to me. Does anybody how the redi center schudule thier classes? He told me not to tell my employer but when I did my backgound check they called my employer for a reference.
  by Buckeye1

I'm guessing classes are scheduled based on need. I am scheduled to go the 17th, and hired out of Columbus. Maybe I will see some of you guys in Atlanta.