Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by MNR's #1 Conductor

FL9AC wrote:ohhhhhhh....alright :wink: . Here's a few shots of the units in Harmon although I didn't catch them on the test run:

all photos taken with permission and while off duty
Nice line up, man!! I posted the Harmon collection I took on nycsubway.org, and I take mine whenever I am on break or off duty!! Never while moving a train, or doing anything other than being on a break or being off duty, and since my camera is too big to carry along now, I am relegated to using the cell cam. Good job, man!! :-)
  by FL9AC

Thanks!
  by Train2009

I spot the BL14s this afternoon outside the Croton Harmon Shops and it was my very first time seeing them.
  by Steamboat Willie

The 402 is currently in GCT on the upper level and has been so for the past few days.
  by FL9AC

The 401 has been sitting in Harmon for two days now.
  by Clean Cab

402 was spotted in GCT on track #90 this AM.
  by FL9AC

Both units seen in Harmon early last week.
  by Railfan-2

The two BL14s enterd service on 16 Nov 09. They are assigned to the East Side Access (ESA) work trains and haul ESA cars between GCT and BN Yard daily.
  by District D RTC

actually they are assigned to duties within GCT, but most if not all the BN runs are still being done with a GP35....
  by L'mont

Railfan-2 wrote:The two BL14s enterd service on 16 Nov 09. They are assigned to the East Side Access (ESA) work trains and haul ESA cars between GCT and BN Yard daily.
I thought that they WERE NOT going to be assigned for ESA related trains.

I saw both of them coupled together, back to back at 2am today. They were sitting some where between tracks 25 and 30.
  by FL9AC

Well both units were purchased by MTA Capital to be used for ESA service, and then for GCT protect engines after the project is finished.
  by Jayjay1213

District D RTC wrote:actually they are assigned to duties within GCT, but most if not all the BN runs are still being done with a GP35....

They have been using them on the ESA work train reguarly now for the past few weeks. They usually try and get out of GCT and up to BN before the 545am local to Harmon leaves.

I got to run them a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed them. I think the dual control stands is silly, but appreciate them having dynamic brakes.