Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

The units are primary for inside GCT, IF you need horn in GCT you want it as far away from cab as possible.
  by FL9AC

BL14CG 402 went on a short test run this morning seen heading out of Harmon yard light and returning a short time later.
  by Clean Cab

Any pictures?
  by FL9AC

I didn't have my camera on me. Maybe someone else caught it.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

FL9AC wrote:I didn't have my camera on me. Maybe someone else caught it.
I only have shots of them in Harmon Yard outside the shop!! Not on the road anywhere. Guessin' I shall have to take a gander at Track 92 when coming into GCT sometime.
  by FL9AC

Guessin' I shall have to take a gander at Track 92 when coming into GCT sometime.
Both units haven't really started testing yet, so chance are you won't catch them in GCT anytime soon.
  by FL9AC

The 402 went out on another short test run this morning. Also saw the 401 sitting on the south end of the shop coupled to what looked like the 101.
  by Clean Cab

I know you have a picture or two of the BL-14. Care to share?
  by FL9AC

ohhhhhhh....alright :wink: . Here's a few shots of the units in Harmon although I didn't catch them on the test run:

all photos taken with permission and while off duty
  by Jeff Smith

The shot with the F10 and P32 in the foreground is incredible!
  by FL9AC

Thanks!
  by Clean Cab

See? Did that hurt so much? :)

You can post the ones I sent you if you like.
  by FL9AC

Heard through the grape vine that both units started testing together during the evening hours and should be out and about tonight.

P.S: CCLG I can't right click and save the pictures you sent me, so I have no way of uploading them.
  by Jayjay1213

They were indeed out tonight. Caught them doing two roundtrips up and down the Harlem line before they headed back to Harmon. They were sandwiching the 101.
  by FL9AC

Here's another shot of the test train sitting in Harmon...not my photo though: