Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by BuddSilverliner269

Hey Dutch, thanks for the pic. I dont care what anyone says, I still think they are a beautiful looking locomotive. :-D
  by Maybrook fan

I read in this thread that these units are geared for 45mph. Does that put a speed restriction on the delivering RR. Or can they go over that speed when being pulled dead ???
  by MTASUPT

The unit 401 was delivered and is in Harmon Yard on the southend of the shop.
  by DutchRailnut

259 is former MEC engine(not 100% sure) now the Brookville demonstrator for co-generation.
it has 3 x 700 hp under hood, it has been on tour demonstrating on Norfolk southern and a few other railroads.
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

As of the weekend 401 was still in Harmon, sitting in the same spot.
  by DutchRailnut

Just waiting its turn on test train, 130 and 113 and 114 will be first.
  by District D RTC

DutchRailnut wrote:Just waiting its turn on test train, 130 and 113 and 114 will be first.
Thats interesting since BMEX 114 has not been shipped to MN yet as of 23:00 11/5...

Irregardless, it'll be here soon enough - and I'll bet MN wants to finish testing all the BL20GHs before moving on to another class of loco altogether (BL14CG)....

Anyway - here is video of the units upon arrival at Croton the other day:

[edited 11/7/08 - 18:30]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEILhO_XXyY
[Note CORRECTED URL]
[/edit]

--JSW
Last edited by District D RTC on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by DutchRailnut

The testing of the BL14cg will be different from BL20gh , no passenger running but mainly cab signal testing, load testing (freight cars) and reliability testing(mileage)

These units(401-402) also dubbed the ESA switchers , because capitol funding, have very little to do with ESA other than runnig some of cleanup trains for tracks 118 thru 125.
they are regular Co-generations engines to have cleanenergy engines in GCT.
As of last week both BL070(404-405) units are in GCT, only to be operated in tandem due to rail shunting for signal system
  by Tommy Meehan

DutchRailnut wrote:.....runnig some of cleanup trains for tracks 118 thru 125.
they are regular....As of last week both BL070(404-405) units are in GCT
They're in service?
  by DutchRailnut

The BL070's (404-405) have been in service for almost 4 years.

by Tommy Meehan

DutchRailnut wrote:The BL070's (404-405) have been in service for almost 4 years.
Sorry I screwed that question up. I've seen 404-405 in GCT.
DutchRailnut wrote:These units(401-402) also dubbed the ESA switchers , because capitol funding, have very little to do with ESA other than runnig some of cleanup trains for tracks 118 thru 125.
I meant 401-402 the BL15cg pair.

[Edited for clarity]
Last edited by Tommy Meehan on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by DutchRailnut

No 402 is not on MNCR yet and 401 I believe is only testing in Harmon yard right now