• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

So what’s the plan for tomorrow if Woodhavens train doesn’t come in tonight? Bring Woodhavens train Monday?
  by JohnFromJersey

They could always just wait until Tuesday, Been a few times that they have done that IIRC
  by AceMacSD

pdtrains wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:20 pm Sounds like a high/wide/heavy move. I guess there are some unused team tracks or something down that way.

I
Yeah something like that. I heard that Bay Head yd could be another potential spot to unload.
  by AceMacSD

MHKProductions wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:04 pm Very cool to hear about that most likely it'll go to Neptune yard. Can you provide a source and you know what the symbol will be?
Belmar's top pick for this since it's going to one of those shore towns. My source is CR and there's no symbol for the job. The item(s) haven't been shipped yet. Probably hasn't been built yet for that.
  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:09 pm So what’s the plan for tomorrow if Woodhavens train doesn’t come in tonight? Bring Woodhavens train Monday?
Cars were delivered by CR. They'll be delivered to the destinations first thing in the morning then the festivities'll begin round noon. I'll be there and at the after party.
  by GooStats

what sort of possible freight would be coming or going to Belmar/ Spring Lake/ Neptune?
  by Bracdude181

Last regular freight was what? 1988-89? They used 7700 series GP38s and sometimes GP15s from about 75 ish onwards I believe.
  by CharlieL

Stopped by early. Nice setup. Hope it goes well.
Loved the Studebakers sat in a hawk at the Long Branch dealer back in the day could not find a good seat position but loved the look
  by GSC

If the mentioned load south/west of Red Bank happens and it's a oversize, Bradley Beach / Neptune would be the best bet for unloading, as there are two tracks in the yard, one as a runaround, with plenty of room around the tracks for unloading. That was where the old NJT coaches were scrapped.

Belmar has a single stub track, often used for track machine storage. It has a fence on the road side, and doesn't look wide enough for an oversize/wide load, or access for unloading.

Not shore what is in Spring Lake as far as sidings.

Bay Head obviously has a lot of room.

Surprised more pics of the Farmingdale ceremony aren't posted, or a live feed.
  by CharlieL

The siding in Spring Lake is just south of the station, on the east (station side) of the tracks. Might be tough getting a truck in there.
  by Bracdude181

Just curious, for those who were at the event today did anyone see the two guys sitting across the street from the caboose showing the History of the Southern through pictures and engine models?

Overall, nice little event. They didn’t run to Woodhaven today (or anywhere on C&D apparently) so I guess they’ll either do it this weekend or Tuesday, unless they’ll do it after the event ends if it hasn’t already.
  by GooStats

I'm a Belmar/ Spring Lake native.
I remember a freight in Neptune/ Bradley crossing Memorial Drive in 1989 ( I was 11).
I think I remember a freight (with a tank car) going through Belmar around 1983 when I was 5. I vividly remember sidings in Belmar crossing both East and West Railroad Avenues into various lumber yards and near what is now the basketball courts on 16th Avenue. I don't remember seeing any freight cars on those sidings.
the siding is Spring Lake is/was used for MOW equipment. I never saw a freight car there.