• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

690 wrote:It's just a test run guys, calm down. It may amount to something or it may not.
Amazing what conversation can be stirred up with a simple observation of something a little out of the ordinary...
  by KSmitty

The 2 CMA boxes were just ahead of the Eimskip boxes on POWA this morning.
  by johnpbarlow

690 wrote:It's just a test run guys, calm down. It may amount to something or it may not.
This is a hobby - why not be unabashedly intrigued by potentially positive developments when the Pan Am / Maine traffic news has been so gloomy/doomy in recent times? :-)
  by BM6569

Caught POWA today on my lunch break as it was passing through Auburn. 606, 615, 330, 88 cars and 30 containers. Was creeping through Auburn as the 10 is still in effect until everything is tamped.
  by MEC407

Video by drc930 of WAPO, PORU, and more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vsyiaP1_Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by carchecker

A post on the RailsNB Facebook page said there were a number of Elmskip containers on NB Southern train 908 yesterday running from McAdam to Saint John. Anyone know where these came from and what is going on with this movement?
  by backroadrails

Just drove past the siding at Bellsqueeze road in Benton and noticed the siding is full of spine cars.
  by backroadrails

MAWA had SD40M-2 616 and SD40-2 606 for power today. Last I knew they were tied down at MP-106 due to a fire at CPF-107.
  by KSmitty

For the record, this is one of a very few times since the oil train rush ended that six axles have made it to NMJ, and the only time since the last oil train in 2013 that they went all the way to 'Keag.
  by backroadrails

WAMA has 606-501-600 as power tonight. This is the third run of SD40-2’s up here in the past week.
  by ShortlinesUSA

I realize this is Pan Am we're talking about, and this might be an absurd question...but does the MAWA/WAMA run on any set schedule between NMJ and Keag? Those trains used to be on a pretty decent schedule when they operated as the MABA. I did get a comment on my shot of the train coming south through Lincoln stating "that portion of the run is usually at night."

Thank you for any insights into a schedule and/or call times.
  by 690

Generally MAWA leaves Keag sometime between 2100 and 2300, and WAMA typically leaves NMJ around 1800-2100, and they meet at Old Town around 0200-0300. MAWA will generally get into NMJ sometime around 0500-0600, and WAMA gets to Keag around 0700 and 0800. Of course this is all subject to the trains making good time, and not encountering any issues along the way, as one late train will hold the other up at Old Town.