• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by bk77

lackman wrote:1. Why does 3040 always sound like there is a bunch of crazy squirrels chattering all the time? Is there some type of relay problems with the unit?
The spitters (they help extract moisture from the air system) on the main reservoir tanks are probably what your hearing. They usually don't spit that fast like in the video... could probably use some cleaning internally.

---Bill K.
  by ut-1

Here are a few pics showing UT-1 switching Utica Club Brewery (officially "FX Matt Brewery" or "West End Brewery") on Nov 24th:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by ut-1

With CSX 2732 as the trailing unit, NYS&W 3040 brings a short freight down Paris Hill's 1.8% grade on April 21, 2015.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by ut-1

Here is a video taken yesterday showing UT-1 switching Utica Club Brewery; if differs from my previous 2 videos in that interior views of the switching operation are featured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXwIYVwtgU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by NYS&W142Fan

Neat Video. That looks like one awful tight fit! How much clearance is there on the side of the Lokie and the wall?
I would venture to guess, they have restrictions because they used the loads to pull the empties and then used the empties to place the loads.

Thanks for sharing!
  by charlie6017

milkman wrote:Finally!It sounds like it might happen this year!
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2016 ... d-by-June/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From the little bit we can see (about a third of the article), it sounds like good news.

Charlie
  by milkman

charlie6017 wrote:
http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2016 ... d-by-June/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From the little bit we can see (about a third of the article), it sounds like good news.

Charlie
You pretty much got the gist of the article, the only thing that could stop the project is if all bids are over what they have been granted for the rail line repairs.
It sounds good but I will not get excited until I actually see them repairing the line.
  by ricky

milkman wrote:
charlie6017 wrote:

Charlie
You pretty much got the gist of the article, the only thing that could stop the project is if all bids are over what they have been granted for the rail line repairs.
It sounds good but I will not get excited until I actually see them repairing the line.
i agree 100%
  by NYS&W142Fan

Is it possible to post the whole article? Some of us do not have a subscription to the Sun. I only have the Chenango American.
  by ricky

what the deal with csx locamotive on the utica line is nysw 3040 out of service.can d nysw send a another locamotive why are they using csx instead nysw
  by ut-1

With NYS&W GP40 3040 presently away for major work, CSX GP38 2732 is handling matters on the Utica branch. Here is UT-1 this afternoon, just coming off Utica's Schuyler St trackage.
  by ricky

does anyone know when nysw 3040 will be back in service?
  by ricky

theirs any updates since feb 3 2016 on this project