• The Amtrak Exhibit Train

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by The ViRoCo

Here is a topic for everything relating to the Amtrak Exhibit Train. Which is an Amtrak train that is touring the country.
Find out more on the Amtrak Website
  by The ViRoCo

I heard 522 brought the Exhibit Train into Old Saybrook, CT. 822 is supposedly off of the Downeaster. Will 822 or 42 be on the Exhibit Train for Essex?
  by fl9m2004

according to heritage units.com 822 is in essex
  by Sprinter611

I heard that 42 was supposed to go to Essex but 822 came off 686 at BON & ran to SHSY with a A1 coach and P42 24. After Essex I assume the set will be held either at BOS or NHV
  by fl9m2004

I'm suprised why they don't send a new electric engine to
I'm sure the regular riders along the corridor would love to see what they look like
  by JimBoylan

What will Amtrak have at Steamtown for Labor Day Weekend?
  by fl9m2004

any video of this would be great
  by MetroBostonRailways

The 406 is absent from the exhibit train, the 522 took its place
  by fl9m2004

Heritage units.com showed 406 in Phildelphia
On a another heritage unit 189 is shown leading 48 toward Albany
It would be nice if 156 could head back this way same with 145
  by The ViRoCo

fl9m2004 wrote:any video of this would be great
The Essex Steam Train's Facebook Page posted a video of it.
  by ACeInTheHole

Sprinter611 wrote:I heard that 42 was supposed to go to Essex but 822 came off 686 at BON & ran to SHSY with a A1 coach and P42 24. After Essex I assume the set will be held either at BOS or NHV
Correct. I saw a video of the 24, A1 and 822 hitching a ride south on the back of a Downeaster pushed by 174.
  by gregorygrice

Heading down to NYP now...
  by MattW

I don't suppose anyone has heard if it's ever coming to Atlanta?