• CSX signal replacement across New York State

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Zane Smith

One more thing, can anyone tell me what aspects do these new signals follow. I heard that they are following SBD signal rules...
  by charlie6017

Looks like Tellier Rd in East Palmyra on that 1st shot and Maple St. in the 2nd shot?

Nice shots Zane!

Charlie
  by Zane Smith

charlie6017 wrote:Looks like Tellier Rd in East Palmyra on that 1st shot and Maple St. in the 2nd shot?

Nice shots Zane!

Charlie
The first shot might have been tellier but the second one was definitely Division St.
  by ctclark1

Zane Smith wrote:One more thing, can anyone tell me what aspects do these new signals follow. I heard that they are following SBD signal rules...
I believe there was a whole discussion somewhere within this thread because someone was angry that CSX was converting to Seaboard over staying with NORAC, yeah.
  by nick_anshant

Zane Smith wrote:One more thing, can anyone tell me what aspects do these new signals follow. I heard that they are following SBD signal rules...
The new signals display CSX standard (Seaboard) signal aspects.

Currently, Seaboard aspects are in effect from and including CP FB to and including CP 175 on the Selkirk Sub as well as from an including CP 296 to but not including CP 349 on the Rochester Sub.

Nick
  by roadster

The signal # plate in Zane's first shot is 352,which is just west of Walworth Rd. crossing in Palmyra. The second photo is Maple st. crossing (Division st. parallels the tracks and ends at Maple St.)Palmyra. The CP in the background is CP 349. Nice shots.
  by Zane Smith

I have one more question, does anyone have a close estimate of when the cutover will be for 337-356?
  by nick_anshant

Zane Smith wrote:I have one more question, does anyone have a close estimate of when the cutover will be for 337-356?
Looking like July. The limits have not been set in stone yet.

Nick
  by ScotCP356

What I'm hearing, starting on Monday, March 4, 2013, Wayneport Rd will be close for 4 months for bridge repairs.
  by nick_anshant

The next signal cutover is for Sunday March 10 from CP 175 to CP 203 on the Mohawk Subdivision. This will extend CSX standard signal rules (SBD) from CP FB in Selkirk to CP 198.

Nick

Correction: CP 198, not CP 298
Last edited by nick_anshant on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by jurtz

nick_anshant wrote:The next signal cutover is for Sunday March 10 from CP 175 to CP 203 on the Mohawk Subdivision. This will extend CSX standard signal rules (SBD) from CP FB in Selkirk to CP 298.

Nick
Aren't there still old style signals between Rome and CP263, among other places between Utica and Syracuse?
  by nick_anshant

jurtz wrote:
nick_anshant wrote:The next signal cutover is for Sunday March 10 from CP 175 to CP 203 on the Mohawk Subdivision. This will extend CSX standard signal rules (SBD) from CP FB in Selkirk to CP 298.

Nick
Aren't there still old style signals between Rome and CP263, among other places between Utica and Syracuse?
Yes, that is my mistake. I corrected my post above.

Nick
  by roadster

Signal suspension from CP 175 to CP 198 to commence Sunday morning. (Amsterdam to Palantines Bridge) New Signals to be cut in Including CP 188 to CP 175. Expect delays, recrews across division.
  by sd80mac

roadster wrote:Signal suspension from CP 175 to CP 198 to commence Sunday morning. (Amsterdam to Palantines Bridge) New Signals to be cut in Including CP 188 to CP 175. Expect delays, recrews across division.

how are they handling with 48 lateforsure Ltd. Do they get 48 go through ahead of stopped trains?

My son will need ride to Albany on March 24th. So I want to avoid if it's not gonna be good one.