• Southern Tier - West of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SteelRail

RussNelson wrote:
SteelRail wrote:Tier is single tracked from milepost 217 (just west of route 201 bridge) to milepost 231 (alongside Hickories Park in Owego). The siding runs from 231 to 233, just east of the old Erie station in Owego.
AHA! Now that you say that, I can see the switch which begins the siding at 231 on the Bing Maps. Google is still out of date. They just pulled out enough rails to be able to put the switch in.

The actual mileposts are 233 - 236 for the siding at Owego. I wasn't thinking straight before. The 2nd track has been completely pulled up between Owego and Johnson City. Here's a video I shot of a westbound train coming off the siding at 236 in Owego: http://youtu.be/c0ZBAMX8pXs
  by K4Pacific

Thanks Jim, I got the attribution too from NS, Natgas traffic is way down due to glut in market and usual January slow down. And @ Missy, I was heavily involved in the Magee St., project and that will not happen anytime soon for intermodal.
  by K4Pacific

Erie engine is in Sayre for the empty salt train to Ithaca. What will YOU do?
  by sd80mac

K4Pacific wrote:Erie engine is in Sayre for the empty salt train to Ithaca. What will YOU do?

Can you give Erie a good bath while it's sitting??? LOL
  by K4Pacific

It'll get a salt bath now.
  by thannon

Work days - just not happening right now....
  by sd80mac

K4Pacific wrote:It'll get a salt bath now.
Give it a good rubbing...
  by Missyg24

wish i was there. missed her in Elmira 2wks ago by a few hrs :(

But i did see the Erie/PRR station in Elmira with newly added windows. First time seeing day light in a looonnnngggg time.
  by railbird steve

On the east end of the wynp interchange track is an alco 4 axle unit-new black with yellow trim no 416 not sure when its going to olean (thursdays been ol-1 here since the hollidays)
  by K4Pacific

Who has a contract to rebuild NJT bilevels? Six of them on 12T tonight through Owego at 1550.
  by ckwwestshore

Railbird Steve...we're talking Hornell for WNYP 416, correct?
  by poppyl

K4Pacific wrote:Who has a contract to rebuild NJT bilevels? Six of them on 12T tonight through Owego at 1550.
Good question. Bombardier?? Heard that they have rescinded their plan to shut down and will maintain 35 jobs indefinitely so they must have gotten some new work.

Poppyl
  by Matt Langworthy

poppyl wrote:
K4Pacific wrote:Who has a contract to rebuild NJT bilevels? Six of them on 12T tonight through Owego at 1550.
Good question. Bombardier?? Heard that they have rescinded their plan to shut down and will maintain 35 jobs indefinitely so they must have gotten some new work.

Poppyl

Yeah, it was reported in the news over the weekend that Bombadier has some new business for the Kanona plant.
  by railfanner01

I believe the 416 if it is in hornell, will be making the jont to Painted Post as i believe its going to the B&H. Atleast that was the plan as far as I had heard.