• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by wolfboy8171981

RailsEast wrote:Good stuff, Steve, thanks; after watching 1202 'blowing the carbon out', I can't wait for #60 to head up a photo freight this year or next.
Now that would be a 'sold-out far in advance' show, for sure... :-)
Chris

Hope is not lost for this year.
  by blockline4180

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
RailsEast wrote:Good stuff, Steve, thanks; after watching 1202 'blowing the carbon out', I can't wait for #60 to head up a photo freight this year or next.
Now that would be a 'sold-out far in advance' show, for sure... :-)
Chris

Hope is not lost for this year.

Great!! Please let us know if and when it will be out Vinny!! Thanks!!
  by pierrerabbit

Just read on FB that trains on the Black River were cancelled today because a bridge was damaged.

Anyone know which bridge? My guess is Dayton Road, seems like at least once a year someone tries to stuff a 10 ft high truck through a 9ft 8" bridge....
  by R36 Combine Coach

pierrerabbit wrote:Just read on FB that trains on the Black River were cancelled today because a bridge was damaged.

Anyone know which bridge? My guess is Dayton Road, seems like at least once a year someone tries to stuff a 10 ft high truck through a 9ft 8" bridge....
Dayton Road was hit last July too. There are several warning signs and a overhead warning device present.
  by pierrerabbit

Geez, must've been really crowded (and busy) in Ringoes yard, just saw 1202 heading north with 7 or 8 empty flats.
  by PVRX1

Bridge is marked well at 8'9", has tell tales dangling over the road before it to wake people up, yet it gets hit. No bridge damage just shifted the span and track a little. 9 times out of 10 it is a Penske or U Haul rented truck and a gps device involved. If they'd make humans that can think on their own...........

Yes. Ran Three Bridges to RIngoes with 3 loads, ran back to Three Bridges with 8 empties, ran back to Ringoes light engine. Between loads and empties there are 15 pipe and lumber flat cars on the railroad at the moment, plus the other freight.

Saturday evening we are running a caboose train to Three Bridges. www.flemingtontrain.org for details and tickets. I haven't reached wolfboy stature yet, but I will be driving most of Saturday. LOL

JH
  by Ken W2KB

From the 60's Facebook page less than an hour ago:

"Coal has been ordered. There will be a fire very shortly. Then if all goes well, test runs, freight runs, passenger runs. It has been a long process with alot of patience and impatience. We do not own the locomotive so we do not have control over its rebuilding."

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Riv ... 1528178383
  by pierrerabbit

That is great news! There are four rail fans (me included) that work at Ditschman Ford. We can't wait to see her pass by Johanna Farms Road!
  by blockline4180

Ken W2KB wrote:If this works, here's a facebook video link today of 60 arriving south into Ringoes station:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=4105687927843

Very good stuff!! Glad to see they got her running again!!!
Thanks!