• River LINE/Atlantic City connection considered

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by BuddSilverliner269

cruiser939 wrote:
JimmyMaBoy wrote:Haha. Cruiser is rough :)
I can also be very smooth...
That's what she said?????
  by Patrick Boylan

On my way in yesterday, about 9am, I saw a hard hat reflected vest wearing person inside the chain link fence on the Riverline platform. Otherwise I hadn't noticed any activity since they installed the fence a few weeks ago.
My regular commuting times get me through there before 9am and after 5pm. People might appear and do work when I'm not there to see it.
  by nomis

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
JimmyMaBoy wrote:Haha. Cruiser is rough :)
I can also be very smooth...
That's what she said?????
  by Patrick Boylan

over the last few weeks there's been considerable earth moving on the north side of the Atlantic City line embankment east of the Riverline tracks and platform.
  by N4J

Ah finally some work up there , so are they going to leave room for future double tracking for both the Riverline and Atlantic line at the transfer site?
  by chuchubob

Nexis4Jersey wrote:Ah finally some work up there , so are they going to leave room for future double tracking for both the Riverline and Atlantic line at the transfer site?
I'm unaware of any plan to double track the River LINE at the Pennsauken Transit Center. The ACL will use both tracks.
This photo was taken yesterday morning.
  by nomis

Steve F45 wrote:are there any conceptual drawings of what this station will look like once complete?
have fun looking ... http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet. ... oject099To

quick DWG
  by TDowling

This station (excuse me, transit center haha) looks like it's gonna be more or less a transfer station like Secaucus. How are they going to justify the cost of building the station if only a fraction of the RiverLine trains will connect with the ACL heavy rail trains?
  by Patrick Boylan

I asked the same thing in one of these threads. An answer I got was that it won't just be a transfer station, but will have a parking lot, I forget how many spaces, and will draw walk up traffic from the neighborhood.

I doubt that there will be enough passengers to justify the expense, but I hope to be proven wrong.

I assume the Riverline platform isn't a tremendous percentage of the total cost, and I expect all the other stations on the Atlantic City Line probably cost as much to build as this station, and they serve the same number of trains as we expect this station to handle, so one could question how to justify the other stations' cost too.
  by NellieBly

Anyone is welcome to doubt the number of riders, but the ridership forecast linked in the previous post is 420 transfers from between River Line and ACL, most going to Atlantic City, and 150 River Line only riders (numbers are riders -- double the figure for trips). A total ridership of 420 to/from ACL would make Pennsauken the 4th busiest station on the ACL, behind Atlantic City, Philadelphia, and Lindenwold. So if that doesn't sound like enough to justify the expense, then what you're saying is that the ACL never should have been built in the first place.

But 150 new River Line riders clearly make it a worthwhile stop for the River Line.