• Post Amtrak Videos and Photos Here

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by monica012077

02/07/14 After getting a massive heads up I went to Mamaroneck, NY to catch Amtrak's New Sprinter ACS-64. The next generation of electric engines on the Northeast Corridor, #600 had its first revenue run on train 171. Soon these will be all you see on Amtrak non-Acela Express trains. Lots of big bosses in 600 as well. Enjoy!
  by monica012077

ThirdRail7 wrote:
monica012077 wrote: What I didn't realize were the single digit wind chills and a blizzard until I reached the end of the park! Enjoy!
Talk about dedication!
Thanks! I was halfway there by the time I realized it was storm lol I figured why not commit?
  by monica012077

02/07/14 The first day of ACS-64 #600 First Revenue Run gave me a rare opportunity to catch all of Amtrak's Electric Equipment used on the Northeast Corridor. AEM-7, HHP-8, ACS-64, and Acela Power Cars all within a short period of time. Enjoy!
  by fl9m2004

Thats what I call good timing
When I see the afternoon rush north of Stamford I see an occasional hhp8 mostly aem7's that I normally don't see
  by monica012077

02/26/14 Another snowy morning so I went to catch my favorite Amtrak, Empire Service #233 at Inwood Hill Park. Along Broadway seemed to be the line between snow and sunshine so in was sunny/cloudy at the park but snowing all day over my house, weird! This time I attempted what I tried before, to take a pic of the oncoming train then film it. Last time I butchered it but this time I made it work. Enjoy, especially the shots across river!
  by monica012077

02/17/14 Got a heads up that a railfan, Brian Weinberg was riding Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited 48. Of course it a super late! Gallardofreak888(Mike) his girlfriend and i all waited on it at Riverdale so we could wave to him. I showed up a little too early and almost froze. Had an amazing time, first time I've fanned with more than just one or alone. Can't wait to hang with these two again hopefully it'll be warmer. Enjoy!
  by monica012077

03/08/14 Sunny, peaceful and warmer than usual I to walk to catch Saturday morning Amtrak's at Inwood Hill Park. Here I saw Empire Service 250 with a double header chasing a Metro North Express train along the Water Level route and onto Spuyten Duyvil curve before it turns onto the bridge. Enjoy!
  by acelaphillies

This thread has been dormant for a little while, so I will start it back up!

Here is my latest video:
Northeast Corridor Rush Hour at Levittown on Train Day Eve
(Click on image to watch video. If you can't see the graphic click here.)

This video is heavy on the action and light on the downtime! It features fifteen trains in six minutes!

These are some older videos that I didn't share on this thread:
Amtrak & SEPTA at Bristol 4-27-14 -- Amtrak 10004 and ACS-64

And finally:
Amtrak ACS-64 FIRST EVER REVENUE RUN & Amtrak #10001 | Amtrak History on the NEC
  by ThirdRail7

I was looking for something for another thread when I stumbled across this: Amtrak train 236 swings off 5trk to 15trk penn sta

Here is the description:
When one or more of the 4 east river tunnels are removed from service for repairs it becomes necessary to move trains which have arrived on low station tracks 5 to 13 to higher rails to facilitate movement east to Sunnyside Yard Queens. This is called a swing move, in this case east from 5 station into line 2 then reverse west for 15 station. when signals permit equipment will run east for line 3 to Sunnyside.
This is not my video but given the previous discussions regarding "swing moves" for Albany trains in NYP, I thought someone would get a kick out of it.
  by gregorygrice

Ok well here is the High Speed testing of the 3 Viewliner II's. They initially ran 6 trips (3 round trips) but for some reason added another round trip (total of 8 trips).

http://youtu.be/_fK31PcyFPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by merrick1

It looks like the Viewliners are wired for push-pull.
  by Greg Moore

Matt Johnson wrote:Okay, which one of you clowns is this? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wwzm0doKtk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some folks get a little TOO excited.